Ouch! times 2

Info, discussion, repair manuals, downloads, home fixes, horror stories!
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Ouch! times 2

Unread post by Dusty »

It started a few weeks ago with the A700. A mirror that doesn't return - kinda. It sticks up after taking a photos and doesn't return, but if you're in drive mode, it does drop, but the shutter won't fire again after it goes back up, and it then sticks up! It then gives a camera error message.

No resetting, changing batteries, lenses, etc will stop it. It will however, take a perfect picture! All you have to do is wait a few secs for it to write to the card, turn it off and then back on, and the mirror will reset.

I'm hoping someone has a solution, otherwise it's $250 for Sony service. I'm open to all suggestions.

Then, Saturday, after a day at the Wild Bird Sanctuary with the Girl Scouts, I went to grab my cameras from the car. I thought I had both straps securely, but one of the 35os hit the ground, right on the display.

Just got off the phone from Sony Service, since the website says the $208 flat rate service for the 350 doesn't include LCD displays. For $170, they'll replace it. I'm going to do some testing to make sure everything else is OK before I send it off, as I can probably find a good used one for less than $170 + $208.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Ouch! times 2

Unread post by pakodominguez »

:-/
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

350s are pretty unique. There's nothing exactly the same for low ISO CCD colour quality made now. Worth repairing if you can't find another. They just have the most beautiful tonal quality, like a digital camera version of Fujichrome 50.

David
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I'm sorry Dusty! DK's right, keep the A350 or find another, it's a nice little camera. On a less sympathetic note, I almost wish something would happen to my A700 so that I can rationalize replacing it. :-( I want one of those big OLED EVFs.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --