pink images

Info, discussion, repair manuals, downloads, home fixes, horror stories!
the_hefay
Viceroy

pink images

Unread post by the_hefay »

I'm not sure what has happened to my camera. However, it likes to take pink photos now. I think it's a loose cable or connection inside the camera. When I gave the camera a firm wack to the side of the body with my hand (I know, not recommended treatment of a camera) the camera began functioning properly. Any ideas on what might be going on?
Attachments
_DSC1576 02.jpg
(269.27 KiB) Downloaded 4665 times
the_hefay
Viceroy

Re: pink images

It's the A77ii.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Time to see the camera repair man. As you said, probably a loose connection. Still under warranty?

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
the_hefay
Viceroy

Not under warranty and I'm in Peru. I'm trying to locate a repairman here in Arequipa. Hopefully I can find a reliable one.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

What you see on the EVF or on the Screen is fine, but the result is that pink image? Did you tried a different memory card (I've seen corrupt files like that in the past)
Otherwise, look for Mr Clemente Higa (Larco 1150 OF 39, Miraflores, Lima - Phone 332 1696 Tuesday to Friday 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM) Probably the best camera repair in Peru.
Last edited by pakodominguez on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

the_hefay wrote:Not under warranty and I'm in Peru. I'm trying to locate a repairman here in Arequipa. Hopefully I can find a reliable one.
Well, say hello to all my old friends in the mile and a half high city!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
the_hefay
Viceroy

Pako,
Yes, when it's acting up the EVF and rear LCD show the pink image and the camera takes a pink image exactly as shown in the EVF or rear LCD. I might be heading to Lima before Christmas. It's an overnight bus ride one-way so I doubt I'll make a special trip just for the camera. When I do get there, I'll look for your guy, Clemente Higa. Thanks for the contact.

Dusty,
I will pass on your greetings.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

the_hefay wrote:Pako,
Yes, when it's acting up the EVF and rear LCD show the pink image and the camera takes a pink image exactly as shown in the EVF or rear LCD.
:-/
the_hefay wrote: I might be heading to Lima before Christmas. It's an overnight bus ride one-way so I doubt I'll make a special trip just for the camera. When I do get there, I'll look for your guy, Clemente Higa. Thanks for the contact.
Call Mr Higa and ask him if he can do the job, and how long it's going to take him. I'm going to Lima visit my mother once a year, for a week, at the end of the summer. If I have lenses that need cleaning or other equipment that need cleaning or lubrication, I call him first and make sure he can do the job in time, I never brought a digital camera for repair doh. If the issue is just a loose cable, he probably won't need to shop for parts.

Otherwise, this is the Sony service in Lima:
http://www.sony.com.pe/corporate/PE/ser ... c:esupport

My friends in Peru are mostly Nikon or Canon users, I wish I could give you more information...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Just a thought, but I complained of over warm/pink images on my A37, so after a lot of experiment, I put everything back to default and set White balance to day light, pink images gone, then re set all my usual setting, but still no pink image, I have read in other articles that Auto White balance on some Sony cameras can introduce pink images on occasions.

Pete
the_hefay
Viceroy

Thanks for the info Pako. Peter, it's not a color shift/WB issue.

On another note, the camera is quickly degrading. The following photos showed no signs of problems in the display but once taken were defective. :(
Attachments
pca-_DSC1587.jpg
(251.8 KiB) Downloaded 4574 times
pca-_DSC1590.jpg
(255.96 KiB) Downloaded 4574 times
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

I may be wrong but I seem to remember Barry Fitzgerald had a similar problem with his A57, perhaps Barry can help