Forum backup restored to 13/9 16.xx hours

News about new material on photoclubalpha
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Forum backup restored to 13/9 16.xx hours

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I apologise to those who have been able to post on the 14th, and have now lost some posts.

Something has affected the board during an upgrade process, and I have restored the SQL database to the point before the upgrade. Several new members will have lost their registrations (if you joined after around 4.30pm British time, Saturday).

If these problems continue I'm lost to know how to correct them, as all users appear as normal in the user list, as active etc, with the correct number of posts, and all permissions have been verified to ensure no one is locked out. Right now my best source of assistance, Colin Burn-Murdoch who does some of the web admin and site construction for us on other sites, is without net access due to moving house so I'm not able to get Colin to diagnose what may have happened here. I have a backup of the phpBB3 version 3 files before fully reinstalling with 3.0.2 but I am no expert at troubleshooting this kind of problem - especially when members with a senior grade of posts, Dr Harout and Sonolta, appear to have been able to continue as normal.

David
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Forum backup restored to 13/9 16.xx hours

Unread post by Javelin »

Woop I made it!

Boy that was frustrating.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

A day can be a lot of posts, and I have been away for 14 hours on the road to my cousin's 50th wedding annivesary party and back - my cousin is a lot older than I am, I was born when my mother was over 40 (explains the genetic damage!) and she is a daughter of my mother's late elder brother. So no monitoring the situation from last night until our return.

I have temporarily enabled users to change their username, or register again with the same email address. This situation will only last for a few days before these options are disabled again. This is to help anyone having continued problems viewing the board.

David
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I actually made two brand new puppet accounts to see if I could get in at all. No luck. My second was "StillCantUseTheBoard," as I couldn't find any other way to get through. Thanks for getting it straightened out DK!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
PhotoTraveler
Grand Caliph

Unread post by PhotoTraveler »

Hurray, it's back.

DK, so will we be leaving the board exactly as it is now and not change anything unless it flat out dies?

The flip side is if Anyone lost a lot of post, just means you are here to much. :P
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

PhotoTraveler wrote:Hurray, it's back.

DK, so will we be leaving the board exactly as it is now and not change anything unless it flat out dies?

The flip side is if Anyone lost a lot of post, just means you are here to much. :P
Hush, "Acolyte," there's nothing to do on the night shift! :wink:
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
rogprov
Oligarch

Unread post by rogprov »

Thanks for your work David - all okay for me now :D
Roger
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi David,

Thanks for fixing things up!
I lost a couple of my messages from yesterday, but maybe it's for the better as they were in Dr. Harout's 'Storks' thread. I'll send my 'seagulls' in an other thread and relieve him. :)

Yildiz