Mac OS X Sony IDS update available

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
braeside
Grand Caliph

Mac OS X Sony IDS update available

Unread post by braeside »

I see that Sony have at last updated the Image Data Suite for the A700. The long standing problem with Apple's OS X 10.5 rendering of the Remote control software has apparently been fixed. :D

I am still downloading the update...

I also note that the USA and Hong Kong updates are the same IDS_Installer0806a.dmg so chances are they are universal, despite what the USA site says. I am downloading the Hong Kong version because I have a HK camera. I have not found the Eu download yet.

USA
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-do ... 8&os_id=24

Info:
DSLR-A700P, DSLR-A200W, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A350, DSLR-A350X, DSLR-A700, DSLR-A200K, DSLR-A700K, DSLR-A300K, DSLR-A350K, DSLR-A300, DSLR-A300X
The new version of Sony Image Data Suite* which includes some improvements for Mac OS X is being offered to DSLR-A200/A300/A350/A700 users.

*Sony Image Data Suite is a collective name for the following software.

Image Data Converter SR Ver.2
Image Data Lightbox SR
Remote Camera Control
Improvements
The following symptoms observed in Mac OS X v10.5 have been corrected.

The display panel is not displayed properly in Remote Camera Control.
The rating icons on thumbnails are not displayed properly in Image Data Lightbox SR.
Image Data Lightbox SR unexpectedly shuts down.
Supported Operating System

Mac OS X v10.4
Mac OS X v10.5
* Unsolved issue: When using Image Data Converter SR Ver.2 in v10.5, the scroll bar on the window of the enlarged image may not be displayed properly.
David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS X Sony IDS update available

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Let me know if you find an EU download. I've been looking today before posting this as an article. I have downloaded the North American version but not installed it yet, my machine is busy doing a marathon first-run ofa backup to its new 1TB network storage backup server.

David
braeside
Grand Caliph

Re: Mac OS X Sony IDS update available

Unread post by braeside »

I have now downloaded and installed the Asian version on my Leopard Macintosh and it runs fine. The download was rather slow from HK, but equally so was the USA download speed. But caution is advised because I do have an Asian A700 with grip sensor. It would however be unlikely that there are any differences in this software, I don't think they localise things.

I have so far only quickly played with the Remote software to check it works - and the files opened up in IDC fine.
David