Sony UK's Live Webchat (archived)

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Sony UK's Live Webchat (archived)

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

For those of you that missed it, it was a great Q&A about the new stuff. Very informative...

The meat of the issue start around 26:00 mins...

http://livestre.am/WSxJ
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Sony UK's Live Webchat (archived)

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

And Lonnie featured as a comment not fully understood by Paul, supporting the need for a new full framer...

David
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Interesting but a no go on the "any more OVF models"
Simple question really if it's a no just say it some folks would like to know!

Shame I missed this though I doubt I would have got a question in ;-)
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

bfitzgerald wrote:Interesting but a no go on the "any more OVF models"
Simple question really if it's a no just say it some folks would like to know!

Shame I missed this though I doubt I would have got a question in ;-)

Yes... I asked that question a couple of times, and I'm still waiting patiently for a reply. :(

There seemed to be an obsession with video performance from some. I think that is the one feature on my a580 I haven't used since I got it in March. I have a video camera for that sort of thing!
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

To be fair to the guy the video cast overall was pretty decent and I think he tried his best to reply to questions. But I suspect he is not in a position to say yes or no to the OVF question.

Looking at the reply he gave it was more aimed at the FF end saying that it's not been decided yet. I think we can take it as a certainty that it's very unlikely anything below that will have an OVF. The entry model DSLR's are RIP both the A65 and A77 are SLT and no hint of an OVF alternative..only the A580 remains in the current line up. Of course they could carry on with that model and tweak it etc. I'm just puzzled that a company is so willing to let a significant number of users desert the system by not making things crystal clear.

Warts and all I'd be happy enough to look at the A580 it's well priced right now... missing some bits I would like though I could let it slip. But I see no point further investing in a system that won't meet my own needs.

As far as I'm concerned Sony are out of OVF cameras..so it makes it very unlikely I would ever look at their SLT products. But this is one time I'd be very happy to be proved wrong.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

I think this was a great idea of Paul G and Sony UK - hope to see more in the future. The Sony Live event looks interesting. I see Kingfisher (aka Gustav) is one of the speakers. I wonder if he has been out with an A77?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.