MS Pro slot nonsense

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: MS Pro slot nonsense

Unread post by Javelin »

That ones pretty cool. if I threw that in my bag I wouldn't have to carry the silly cable when I'm away.

[quote="Gianluca No, I don't have MS nor MS-Duo, but after reading this interesting thread I wonder: why not?![/quote]
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Aster: It's strange I went over Sony's site looking for that exact adaptor and came up empty (at least on the Camadian site) .. I think I will pick one up for when I travel I hate the cables and frankly i'd like to leave my laptop at home too... this way I can always use whatever PC is handy or even take my cards to a kinkos or something to burn to CD if needed.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Javelin,

You're right, it would save from carrying a cable connection around. Here's an online official Sony dealer in Turkey which have them in stock at the moment (scroll down the page a little please):

http://www.morfare.com/asp/listgroup.as ... ry%20Stick

Yildiz
Gianluca
Acolyte

Unread post by Gianluca »

Javelin wrote:That ones pretty cool. if I threw that in my bag I wouldn't have to carry the silly cable when I'm away.
Gianluca wrote: No, I don't have MS nor MS-Duo, but after reading this interesting thread I wonder: why not?!
I didn't try it but looking at it it seems quite bulky. I'm quite sure that it will occupy more than one USB slot when attached to the PC/MAC and sometimes an usb extension cord will be required to be able to attach it if ports are close each others and busy. It is a common problem with rear usb ports on towers/desktops and perhaps some laptops too. The USB pen drive I have is very small, not bigger than a common USB plug.
Gianluca
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote: So far, Sony has provided IDC3 free to all owners even allowing upgrades without a new camera purchase, and has given away its tethered shooting software (where applicable) instead of charging for it. Overall, their approach to consistency (card, battery type) and providing value for owners is worth remembering when weighing up reasons to dislike Sony!

David
Yes, but... Sony software isn't (yet) something we will kill for, even if we get the best colors/quality from it. I'm hoping they will improve firmware and IDC soon
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

I knew the faster HG cards were out but I havent seen one yet. I can shoot plenty fast with the sticks I have now. the buffer on the A700 seems to hold a LOT of raw files. the stick reader looks interesting though. That one that Aster found might only work with the tiny ones for cell phones What does it say onthe site Aster?. I can't tell and that part number leads to a stick here not the reader. I was in a Sony store this afternoon wanting to try their magnifier and it's not the usual store i've visited before. they still haven't gotten the A900 yet.. I wanted to try my 28-135 on it. I asked if they were going to carry the full line but everything I asked about they weren't getting in, he was just a sales guy but he sort of ticked me off by trying the be evasive.. I think I ticked him off too because every time he said they weren't carrying an accessory I aksed again if they were carrying the full line.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Javelin wrote:That one that Aster found might only work with the tiny ones for cell phones What does it say onthe site Aster?. I can't tell and that part number leads to a stick here not the reader.
Hi Javelin,

The information on the site is actually in English. You're right that it's for cellular phones, especially Sony Ericsson mobile phones. Still though there's an adaptor for them too, the MSAC-MMDS Memory Stick adaptor, which enables usage with any Memory Stick compatible slot. This way data can be transfered without restrictions, at least in theory: to and fro.

From the site:
Perfect match with Sony Ericsson mobile phones with M2 slot
Delivered with M2 USB Adaptor
Store up to 2000 songs, 2900 pictures and 22 hours of video
Compatible with copyright protection technology ("MagicGate")
Greater durability and reliability: working perfectly in temperatures from -25°C to 85°C
Have you seen this Sony Style online shop? I think the 'Memory Stick Essentials' page is worth looking at; all about adaptors and card reader/writers:

https://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/st ... ssory=true

The products I mentioned in my previous posts are included on this site as well.

Yildiz
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Javelin wrote:I knew the faster HG cards were out but I havent seen one yet.
Sony gave me a 4GB HG at the press launch, it's now in my A900. It is no way as fast as a SanDisk Ducati CF. It even takes about four times as long to format!

But, it's a useful backup, and replaced the 2GB standard card I would otherwise have used. Paid for my petrol getting to the launch and back.

David