Got my A55! My first Impressions.... + MORE sample shots

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Got my A55! My first Impressions.... + MORE sample shots

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

edrice wrote:I can see why you might think it's that area but it's actually near Warner Springs which is just west of the Anza Borrego Desert. It's near the junction of Highway 79 and S22 (San Felipe Rd). Here's another shot in this area. If you go in March/April after a wetter winter you can see scenes such as these fields of goldfields, a tiny flower in mass quantities. And a shot of the desert a ways down the road. My wife and I go after the rains to see the flowers blow. Spectacular area at that time of the year.
That probably explains why I had the nagging feeling that I knew the spot, but could not remember exactly where it was. We used to go camping in Anza-Borrego State Park in the spring at the time the desert flowers normally bloom, and drove there by way of Warner Springs. However, due to health issues we haven't been doing that for at least 25 years, while I've driven down I-5 to San Diego many times since then.

The Anza-Borrego area definitely is spectacular when the desert flowers are in bloom, but of course the challenge is to manage to get free to go there in that very brief time of the year - especially since the right days can vary from year to year with the weather.

With best wishes,
- Tom -