Adjustment of over warm Jpegs

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Adjustment of over warm Jpegs

Unread post by classiccameras »

Hi perhaps some one can help. On a review of the A37 by Chris Gambat, he said he wasn't to happy with the over warm Jpegs but found hidden deep in the menu a facility to turn off the over warm pictures, I have never ever found this on my A37 and A57, now I have the A58 I'm still looking, any ideas
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Adjustment of over warm Jpegs

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

If I were you I'd not take anything the "Phoblographer" says as fact. I've read some of his articles and "so called reviews", they are truly awful sort of an internet spam, worse even then the Rockwell fella and the annoying Australian "Blunty" all 3 are right up there in my avoid list!. There is no setting on the A37 I'm aware of unless you call it white balance, but I'm happy to be proved wrong if there is one.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Thanks Barry, After some experimenting I found switching from AWB to day light reduced the over warm pictures on Jpgs.
Yep, Rockwell will often say a underperforming lens, performs very well, thankfully I have never bought a lens based on his reviews
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Most of the Sony's of that era were a bit over warm I found the same on the A57, easy to adjust as you say select the WB.
Why he didn't say that in the text of the article, who knows there is no mythical menu item hidden in there same as the A57 if anything the menus are for that time simple enough. Yup KR can be wildly off on his posts too, sometimes they are good, a lot are there merely to fuel his affiliate link income. Sadly if you type anything photo related in he comes up near the top, he must have mastered the art of manipulating the google search engine to great effect!