All future Alphas will be SLT!!!???

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: All future Alphas will be SLT!!!???

Unread post by alphaomega »

Barry
I think we would all agree with your call for larger OVF displays. I remember I spoke to a "person in the know" about these things when I had had my A350 for a short time. I said to him it was a fine camera with its limitations, particularly the "tunnel vision" in the OVF. I bought the A350 for its adjustable rear screen and LV. I stated to him that my next camera ought to be a marriage of my A700 and A350 with 14Mp sensor plus LV and A700 ISO performance and OVF size. He simply told me that Sony could not do this marriage without building a bit of a "tower" on top of the camera. Maybe you are asking for something that could not be contained within a reasonable size for the class of camera, whereas the EVF we now see in the SLT provides a solution that you are not too fond of. Cannot comment on the above as I do not possess the technical knowledge. Maybe DK or someone else with the technical insight could enlighten us.