latest a77 rumor

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
donwae12
Acolyte

latest a77 rumor

Unread post by donwae12 »

Last edited by donwae12 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: latest a77 rumor

Unread post by alphaomega »

Saw it a moment ago. Sounds like the A700 replacement is moving closer. 24Mp to equal A900/850 but on APS-C size. Wonder what Canon are thinking or doing just now? This will no doubt be a fine camera (except for Barry and Walt) but not for me. I am happy with my A550 and A580 and my future is in the NEX system. Waiting for the much rumoured NEX-7 and some more E lenses. I am moving towards lighter weight and still getting DSLR quality. Not sure I would be happy with the lack of a flip up or movable rear screen as I have got used to this feature in my A350/550/580 and NEX-5 cameras. I simply wish they would issue the 16-80 CZ with a SSM or SAM motor instead of a (probably) heavier and bulkier 16-50 F2.8. With the ISO now stretching upwards without noise intrusion I would much prefer a motorised 16-80 CZ. That would also do on a NEX with the adapter and providing AF. Imagine if Sony could also get phase detection into a NEX as also rumoured with the new patent then we are looking at worthwhile NEX developments.
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-dis ... -detecion/
donwae12
Acolyte

I think the flip up being refered to is the mirror. I hope I'm right because I do like the flip up LCD on my a550 and would really miss it. With that Zeis lens as a kit lens I think I will be getting a new camera in October. I am hoping this rumor holds true.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Link doesn't work or the page has been removed.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-sony ... -mid-july/

try this one, Henry. Hope this one works.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
donwae12
Acolyte

This link worked for me.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/
alphaomega
Viceroy

The rumour mill keep spinning on sonyalpharumors.com
Here is the latest erronoursly labelled as SR77 (haste and exitement have a cost).
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr-77-so ... rid-oevfd/
What the hell! The new Sony A77 will have a ultraspeedy Quadbionz core that will allow a 23 fps at full 24 Megapixel resolution. It also can take FullHD videos while you are taking photos or chatting via skype on the 4.2 inch OLED touchscreen of the cameras. But the really best new feature is the “Hybrid OEVFD” which stands for Hybrid Optical Elctronic View Finder Dream. It’s a much further development of the Fuji X100 technology. It allows you to see the real optical image, the electronic image or any youtube video you want!

Damn is that a good DAYYY! :)
Also have a look at the associated drawing. Maybe there is still hope for the likes of Walter Knapp (assuming there is any truth in this). What are sports professionals going to make of this if it can do 23 images at 24Mp per second and do video at the same time? A lot will depend on the AF performance and lenses to match. Interesting times. The new A77 and NEX-7 could be transformational.
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

And the date today is??? :lol:
alphaomega
Viceroy

Philip made the point
And the date today is???
Maybe it is a smart April fools day entry but the date was actually 31 March on the entry. Perhaps the chap was a bit quick with his gimmick A77 but there you are. I guess that with the state of play and the rapid advances made by Sony the hybrid is not impossible and the transfer rate of bytes from the sensor is a question of computing power. Time will show what Sony eventually come up with when this much awaited A700 replacement eventually makes an appearance. Sorry if I happened to be the fool. I will no doubt recover come tomorrow.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Did they forget to mention that it comes with a Zeiss 16-300 F1.4 zoom?

Dusty
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Dusty wrote:Did they forget to mention that it comes with a Zeiss 16-300 F1.4 zoom?

Dusty
That's full frame, right?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

No, Sadly the FF Zeiss is only a 24-250 F2.0.

Dusty
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Dr. Harout wrote:try this one, Henry. Hope this one works.
Thanks. I just now saw your post. I didn't get an email telling me that someone had updated this thread. That used to happen all the time, but now it only happens occasionally.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I see that they have a new post today that says that Sony is delaying their new product announcements:

(SR5 Under development) IMPORTANT: Sony last minute product announcements deleted!!!

A few days after the earthquake in Japan Sony sources told me that Sony is having a lot of troubles with their factories in Japan. They had to stop the production in many plants and they have no clue when production can go back to normality.

I was hoping the new NEX and SLT camera announcement would NOT be delayed because we are so close to the very important NAB show in Las Vegas. Many sources now contacted me to say that Sony deleted some of the new product announcements in the very last minute! I have been told that Sony was not able to produce one single sensor during the last three weeks!

See the website for the full post.
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

One "Sportsphoto Rob," whose photostream on Flickr includes photos taken by such cameras as the "NEX-00" and "SLT-00" (a.k.a pre-production NEX-C3 and SLT-A35), indicated in the Sony Camera Club discussions that, contrary to popular rumor, there will be no a77 announcement on July 7th. Of course, he posted this in a discussion in which another member begged for news of the 500mm f/4 G lens, but "Rob" made no mention of that lens. Still, it may be worthwhile for the rumor-hungry to watch his photostream for more controlled leaks.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --