How to shoot with the Sony slt-A77

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
shootersdesireIN
Acolyte

How to shoot with the Sony slt-A77

Unread post by shootersdesireIN »

I started this topic because the A77 is like nothing i have ever shot with. Previously i have owned the Nikon D300. The FFS Canon 5D and the 5d mark2. To my surprise the A77 is a tool in itself. A lot like the D300 Nikon but more advanced.
To start with the EVF and LCD screen. Previously i never used the LCD screen for focus because it depended on the sensor where the A77 is dependent on the EFV. or the EVS how ever you want to say it. Now when i shoot i can tilt the screen relax my arms and shoot from the belt line. Also it doesn't make people Jittery. As long as the shutter speed is fast enough i can shoot without any shaking.
when i went to Fall Creek Gorge in Attica, IN i shot mostly HDR images @ 3 to 5 brackets. The camera can shoot these images off in like 1 second or less voiding camera shake. I can go to MR where i have 3 programs on how i shoot the camera with.
Saving me all kinds of time.
Another great tool is the Teleconverter. In sports i can go from 1.4 to 2x with a push of a button. Because HDR should be shot in Jpeg i can do this as well.
One of the main reasons for leaving Nikon was Image Stabilizer in the A77. Also the lcd screen that can tilt any direction.
This Camera will change how Photography is viewed. I guarantee it. I am actually having fun with this camera like none other.
the fit is great just like the D300 but lighter
I'm also getting use to the panoramic which may mean no need for a super wide angle lens. Well almost :)
*******************************************************************************************
NOW MYSELF AND OTHERS NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED ABOUT THE A77. lET'S MAKE THIS AN ENJOYABLE THREAD.......