End of the road for the 580?

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
edrice
Oligarch

Re: End of the road for the 580?

Unread post by edrice »

Dr. Harout wrote:Interesting reading: http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.co.nz/ ... nical.html
He says exactly what I've been saying -

"Once I started using the EVF on the Sony I found it hard to go back to a regular OVF on the Canon 1D series or the 5d2. The reason is that the 2.4 million dots of the Sony finder give me a very realistic image with so much information (the info can be turned off if you want a clean screen to look at). I can see exactly what I'm getting all the time. It's amazing. It's like science fiction."

Smart guy!

Ed
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: End of the road for the 580?

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Not another reference to "film grain" nothing monochromatic about the 24mp CMOS sensor I've played with raw files and they're loaded with chroma noise at high ISO. Sure you can remove it (thank Adobe for improving that one) So he loves low ISO work, I like high ISO work different needs for different folks.

So he likes it great. Truth is I had a film 7 on me and I thought the EVF was not a patch on that VF not even close when I tried one. I'm amazed about this "double take" to know it's an EVF pretty obvious from the moment it hits your eye that it's no optical viewfinder. I actually felt a bit nauseous using it extremely unnatural and you feel almost completely detached from what you are viewing.