Here is the new Sony A68

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Re: Here is the new Sony A68

Unread post by classiccameras »

I think the A57 is still the camera for me, as a L/scape and general picture taker it does all I want. Its pretty obvious that Sony are cutting costs to the bone on these new models, which is a shame, small LCD and plastic mount but fair doe's I doubt the plastic mount is going to be problematic.

As Barry said a 57 Mk2 is what we need may be the 58 engine and sensor but keep the body as it is, I guess you run the risk of a plastic mount on this though.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

I suppose it could be worse you could be heavily invested in the Samsung NX system :roll:
I saw that one a mile away big company but without the brains to execute a proper strategy

I think what saved Sony was the Full frame aspect
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Makes you wonder if any other camera manufacturer is on the slippery slope to throwing the towel in. Sony have struggled over recent years to find a place in the DSLR market, but their E mount 7 series cameras in a way saved their bacon, its looks good now for their compacts which are beginning to be the market leader and choice of enthusiasts. A mount seems to have been given a life line, but i'm not sure the A68 was the right choice or for the right market sector. Sony certainly took a hammering from the (biased) photo media over the years, but they are finally being recognised as a serious player with high quality products. I think my A57 and A37 will stay a while longer!