Over warm pictures

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Over warm pictures

Unread post by classiccameras »

Although this is a few years old the Phoblographer review site when reviewing, I think it was Chris Gambat, the Sony A37 said he didn't like the over warm pictures, but after a couple of days playing with the menu, he found deep in side the menu an adjustment that he unlocked, He said the camera then produced pictures that reminded him of Kodak Portra which he was ecstatic about, has any one got any ideas to what he un locked, cos I haven't and I thought I knew this camera well.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Over warm pictures

Unread post by Dusty »

Whew! CC, when I first saw this title, I thought your cache of old photographs had caught on fire! ;->

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by mikeriach »

Overall, I liked the Sony images other than being a little flat and found the raw files easy to adjust to my liking. The Nikon ones are sometimes more difficult to edit especially in overcast conditions.
To simulate Sony colours I usually need to warm up a bit.
Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Mike I may have used the wrong description regarding warm images, I should have said a Pink Tint to Jpegs, but since I posted I found another site that suggested it could be the auto white balance that was causing the pink tint and to try Day light in instead, Yes, day light works, pink tint gone.

Pete
classiccameras
Viceroy

I use mostly Jpegs with my A37 & A6000 as I have little time to PP RAW files these days, however comparing Sony's Jpegs to my Olympus E-510 and EM 10, no contest, the Olympus Jpegs are outstanding and IMHO nicer colours.

Pete
CHOLLY
Oligarch

Unread post by CHOLLY »

You can adjust the color and contrast of the JPEGS on your A6000.

You get MORE flexibility with Sony than you do with Olympus...