UK - have your A900 on Saturday

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

UK - have your A900 on Saturday

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

David Jenner of LCE Colchester has taken delivery of 12 Alpha 900 bodies arriving tomorrow (Friday) of which one is mine, but I fly to photokina on Saturday first thing so there's no chance of receiving it before going. I have asked for it to be delivered to me on Thursday next week which is the first day I am around to use it (and even then I will be unreasonably busy with photokina reports). Five more bodies are pre-ordered as I write, leaving six for sale including some good package deals which LCE has assembled.

Deal - body £1999 inc VAT
Deal - body with 24-70mm CZ - £2999 inc VAT
Deal - body with 50mm f1/4 SAL £2199 inc VAT

The cameras can be collected on Friday (presumably end of day) or despatched on Friday.

Call David Jenner on 01206 573444, I suggest this is really only an option for UK buyers; though I am sure he will also deal with export orders, local pricing differences may make this less attractive.

This posting has been sent in advance by email to anyone who has signed up for our Alpha mailing list.

David
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: UK - have your A900 on Saturday

Unread post by aster »

Lovely!
Thee package deals don't look discouraging at all... :D

Thanks for sharing David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I will be interesting too get your impressions on the A900 when you finally get a good go at a production model, David.
Greg
ps. I see on the news Alitalia has been ordered to merge or be wound up by the Italian government...in light of the econonmic environment at the moment let's hope the airline you're on is still "around" for the return trip from Photokina. :)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I have just changed my flights, cancelled two hotel nights, and saved £180 plus the inevitable extra costs of two days' Cologne restaurants/taxis etc - we are going on Monday, just in time to get into our hotel then join Nikon for dinner. Appointment to see Sony at 4pm on the Tuesday and we fly back on Wednesday morning. Alpha 900 rescheduled for Saturday morning delivery; Shirley scheduled to use the Nikon D90 with 18-105mm VR zoom, and spend Tuesday (she hates trade shows though she has been to photokina since 1974 and even manned a stand twice!) shooting the city, zoo, park and river using the Nikon, which we only have for two weeks arriving tomorrow.

David
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Buy Cancellation insurance for any trip you take. particularly booked vacations.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Javelin wrote:Buy Cancellation insurance for any trip you take. particularly booked vacations.
No need to with this one - just a small rebooking fee for Germanwings (not like Easyjet, you can change your flights) and a full refund of the hotel booking as we had until today to cancel any rooms. I should add that Germanwings dealt with it very efficiently; also, that low cost flights are still available from Stansted and various European airports to Cologne-Bonn, suitable for photokina, from Germanwings.

David
Ian C
Heirophant

Unread post by Ian C »

Bit of a daft request... but please be sure to post up some samples :) honnest opinions (no doubt) and let me know if I can still use my 18-70 with it :lol:
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

I spoke to David at LCE at the start of September, asking if they were likely to be taking preorders on the A900, and he very kindly put my name on a 'interested party' list. He called this morning with the unexpected news that they were expecting bodies in tomorrow and would post them out as soon as they got them, and am I still interested? Well, what could I say.......? Looking forward to receiving a body in the next couple of days :D

Philip
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I am just putting in a loan request for a true HD 1080p projector - not Sony, but one you can buy for under £1k. With the Nikon D90 to test, I need to see projection. And I want to see just what the 900 looks like at 1080p 3 metres wide - or indeed the A700. If this projector is any good I'll do a write up here as well.

David
Ian C
Heirophant

Unread post by Ian C »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I am just putting in a loan request for a true HD 1080p projector - not Sony, but one you can buy for under £1k. With the Nikon D90 to test, I need to see projection. And I want to see just what the 900 looks like at 1080p 3 metres wide - or indeed the A700. If this projector is any good I'll do a write up here as well.

David
Even better! :wink:
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I have just changed my flights, cancelled two hotel nights, and saved £180 plus the inevitable extra costs of two days' Cologne restaurants/taxis etc - we are going on Monday, just in time to get into our hotel then join Nikon for dinner. Appointment to see Sony at 4pm on the Tuesday and we fly back on Wednesday morning. Alpha 900 rescheduled for Saturday morning delivery; Shirley scheduled to use the Nikon D90 with 18-105mm VR zoom, and spend Tuesday (she hates trade shows though she has been to photokina since 1974 and even manned a stand twice!) shooting the city, zoo, park and river using the Nikon, which we only have for two weeks arriving tomorrow.

David
So I still have much time to wish you a pleasant trip.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Bengeo
Initiate

Unread post by Bengeo »

David,
This posting has been sent in advance by email to anyone who has signed up for our Alpha mailing list.
Where do you sign up for this?

Cheers,

Andy
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Bengeo wrote:David,
Where do you sign up for this?

Cheers,

Andy
On the same page which lists the UKExpert link!

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/useful-and-vital-links/

At the very bottom. I can not find any way to get Wordpress to send bulk emails (I have installed a plugin which is supposed to do something, but seems to require some kind of opt-in function to be used by the subscriber) so this list is just an address book of mine.

David
Bengeo
Initiate

Unread post by Bengeo »

Thanks David. It is certainly well hidden ... :) I did poke around for a few minutes before I gave up!

If your list grows you might want to look at one of the server based programs that automate the list and make it easy to send to all. I've used this one: http://www.siteinteractive.com/subscribe/, but there are many others.

Andy