My ignorance (perhaps) - A99M2

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

My ignorance (perhaps) - A99M2

Unread post by sury »

On my recent trip to Chile, I took some photos that were bracketed (for HDR effect) and noticed that unlike my A900, there was no discernible change between the images. I did experiments at home and found that when Auto ISO is set, only change in images is ISO value. When a preset ISO is used, the bracket changes the shutter speed (as expected?). Is that normal?

With best regards,
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: My ignorance (perhaps) - A99M2

Unread post by bakubo »

That sounds like a reasonable way when using Auto ISO. No chance of DOF changing if the aperture is changed and less chance of problems with subject movement or shake if a lower shutter speed is used. If you prefer to use the same ISO then as you discovered turn off Auto ISO.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Henry,
Yep. That is what I need to keep in mind. I felt Auto ISO is a great feature when traveling as I do not have to struggle as much
with different lighting conditions. You are in bright light, then you step into a dimly lit cathedral and back again etc. The price
you pay for that convenience is to remember change iso setting. Now I will experiment to see how well my HDR Machinery software handles the iso changes. :)

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

With the FF sensor in the A99M2 I doubt if you will notice any problems at all. So what if the camera takes 3 or 5 photos varying from ISO 100 to 400, for example. I am sure ISO 400 is excellent.