Merry Christmas!

Where you live and what you do there - your own space & time
Forum rules
Do not post personal information or images relating to your home, family, workplace or possessions as this is public forum. Feel free to post about your home town, countryside, hobbies, sports, subjects of special interest or study, culture, tourist attractions. No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
alfake
Heirophant

Merry Christmas!

Unread post by alfake »

David, Don, Dr. Harout and all of you who contribute to make this photographic community such a helpful and enjoyable site… I wish you all the best and a merry christmas.

Sigüenza (Spain), 13th December 2008

Click for larger:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-v3wM0WlDDs/SU5IA ... y1_web.jpg

Alfonso
Last edited by alfake on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Merry Christmas!

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

And Merry Christmas to all from Kelso!

All my winter and Christmas photos have been on the 5D MkII and the D3X this year, because that was my job this month - to review these cameras. So the A900 has been neglected.
canon5DmkIIfrostweb.jpg
What you can't see at this size is that the focus is on different distances across the frame with the 24-105mm lens - parts of the tree which should be sharp are not, at full size. Even so it was a great walk in superb frosty conditions round the town.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Feliz Navidad, Alfonso!
Turrones?
Same for the rest of believers -I'm not into religion, but I do respect tradition

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Bless you Alfonso and a Merry Christmas to all (though our Christmas is on January 6, as we haven't changed it from the beginning). Opposed to Pako, I do believe in God and like Pako do respect traditions.
Merry Christmas to all with best wishes, most of all Health and Joy. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi all, :D

Though I'm not Christian, I believe in all the good things that streghten human soul and will to be a better human being, whatever they may be, wherever they originate from, be it belief, creed, religion, work...Therefore I'd like to wish you all a very joyful Christmas and a prosperous new year and a peaceful World to raise children in. :D

I don't have a nice snowy scene from Istanbul right now because snow hasn't showed up yet but I do have a Christmas cactus photo that I took with the A100 and Tamron 90mm macro.

Yildiz

bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

That's a nice cactus!
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Deleted
Last edited by pakodominguez on Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Dr. Harout wrote:Bless you Alfonso and a Merry Christmas to all (though our Christmas is on January 6, as we haven't changed it from the beginning). Opposed to Pako, I do believe in God and like Pako do respect traditions.
Merry Christmas to all with best wishes, most of all Health and Joy. :D
Dear Dr,
I do believe in God -He's not the problem. I dont follow any religion, that's it.
;-)
Enjoy the holidays!

Regards
Pako
------------
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

This is one from 2 years ago. Shot on film (never again!), heavily postprocessed to remove dust and scratches and to add some colour
:wink:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/312 ... 07bf_o.jpg
Dr. Harout

Sorry, Pako, I got it wrong. :?

Flickr
Dr. Harout

Nice shot, Thomas. :D

Flickr
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

aster wrote:Though I'm not Christian, I believe in all the good things <...> wherever they originate from, be it belief, creed, religion, work...
What most christians actually don't know, while his role is different, Jesus (and Noah, Abraham and others) are important prophets in Islam (and that's as much as I can say)!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bossel wrote:
aster wrote:Though I'm not Christian, I believe in all the good things <...> wherever they originate from, be it belief, creed, religion, work...
What most christians actually don't know, while his role is different, Jesus (and Noah, Abraham and others) are important prophets in Islam (and that's as much as I can say)!
You are so correct Thomas! :D

I naturally didn't mention it in my post but we celebrate every prophet until Islam arrived as they are all in the Kor'an with praises to their names and lives and are a natural part of Islamic tradition. They are all highly esteemed and valuable prophets to us and on special days we either cook a special meal in either one's honour or do some other special thing. To follow in my grandmother's footsteps on Christmas eve , I'll probably be cooking a very special pudding with specific ingredients to honour the birth of Jesus Christ and his miracle and will share the pudding with friends.. :D

Thanks for liking my cactus, it's still in the living-room but at this time of the year bears no pink flowers. :D

Yildiz
Last edited by aster on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Here is another from me - this time from the A900 with 28-105mm. A shell, decoupage and carved wooden model nativity scene in the Charterhouse of Valldemossa, Mallorca - no idea of the date, looks 20th c obviously. The A900 allowed me to get dozens of extremely detailed interiors and exhibits from museums and houses in Mallorca, both using SSS and with tripod.

There is an extreme WB adjustment in ACR and also use of Fill Light - which I am finding quite incredible with files up to ISO 400, and more effective than any other method of bringing up dark details.

David
kysham
Heirophant

Unread post by kysham »

Merry Christmas to all my new found friends & mentors in this forum. Here is one shot while I was in Singapore last month. Shot this in a shopping mall in Singapore. Christmas shopping starts early in Singapore, it seems.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :D