Being On The Bosphorus, Istanbul-May 2009

Where you live and what you do there - your own space & time
Forum rules
Do not post personal information or images relating to your home, family, workplace or possessions as this is public forum. Feel free to post about your home town, countryside, hobbies, sports, subjects of special interest or study, culture, tourist attractions. No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Being On The Bosphorus, Istanbul-May 2009

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone, :D

The first time I went out for a walk and photography in a long time since I had hurt my right leg, was on 19 May 2009 and a national holiday. The weather was enjoyable; bright sun, a little cooling breeze and the crowds were cheerful, eating ice-cream and taking their kids to places of fun.

And I was out there looking for a proper corner for Challenge 7! I think that it's good enough a time to share some of the other shots of that day.
I have a blurred frame on each photo this time, not my style but I I found some of my photos of a landmark I shot 2 years ago with the DSC V3 on an other forum site being used without my consent and I wanted to add something that can be a little discouraging. (David Kilpatrick, the photos were never uploaded to this forum, so you can relax. I never had problems with the photos I exhibited here. :) )

Well, I hope you don't get bored because these are no dreamy photos at dawn or at dusk, they are mere candids at noon. :D

Yildiz

Corner from the pier. Let's buy a 'simit' and start our walk..

The Bosphorus ferry

The canons

aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Being On The Bosphorus, Istanbul-May 2009

Unread post by aster »

Ortaköy-Istanbul: a district on the Bosphorus.

Let's walk towards the Ortaköy Mosque and where people are sitting in the sun with the breeze on their faces. :D

Lovers and all..

Ortaköy Mosque. Baroque style. Surrounded with cheerful youth.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

And a couple of shots from the Ortaköy Plaza where an actual historical, burnt, brick building is renovated by way of building a transparent glass structure inside the brick walls exists. It's used for special events.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Enjoying the sun and freedom... :D

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Yildiz, I am glad that your leg is better, and thank you very much for this attractive tour around part of Istanbul. I particularly like the shots of the couple in front of the Mosque with the modern bridge in the background. The weather looked warm and there were some inviting looking places to stop and take some refreshment. What could be nicer :)

Where are we going next? :D

P.S. The simit was lovely
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Birma, :D

Thanks very much!
I'd say that the next district will be where the right leg will lead me since it was deprived of nice and long walks. :D I'll keep it a surprise...and we'll find out altogether what else we have as street-cuisine and edibles while we walk.

I like the photo of your choice myself; the composition somewhat bring the spirit of Ortaköy together. :D It's a cheerful place of music, laughter and edibles.

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Lovely set of pictures, Yildiz.
Please don't post food pictures, as I'm on a strict diet :(
Glad you're well now. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Dr. Harout wrote:Lovely set of pictures, Yildiz.
Please don't post food pictures, as I'm on a strict diet :(
Glad you're well now. :D
Thank you Dr. Harout, :)

I hope the diet is not for serious medical reasons that may endanger your life but for feeling of lightness and general fitness. If I come by any food on the streets, I'll make sure that only the fresh fruits and the healthy snacks are photographed. :D One 'simit' shouldn't hurt once in a while though, you'll be fine! :D

Cheers and thanks,
Yildiz
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Dr. Harout wrote:Please don't post food pictures, as I'm on a strict diet
Did I mention that huge authentic "Wiener Schnitzel" I had yesterday in Vienna 8) But now I am back, also eating more salad and less french fries for some time etc...