Photoclub Alpha coming to a city near you.

Where you live and what you do there - your own space & time
Forum rules
Do not post personal information or images relating to your home, family, workplace or possessions as this is public forum. Feel free to post about your home town, countryside, hobbies, sports, subjects of special interest or study, culture, tourist attractions. No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Photoclub Alpha coming to a city near you.

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I met up with new member, Juanito200, last Tuesday and we went out shooting around Fort Worth. I must say, he's good company, and we had a good time. What was really fun was exploring my own city with another photographer, getting fresh ideas on familiar scenes. Here are a few shots from our outing.

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
KevinBarrett

Re: Photoclub Alpha coming to a city near you.

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You seem to have emptied the streets though!

David
KevinBarrett

David Kilpatrick wrote:You seem to have emptied the streets though!

David
Oh, yeah...I had to start shooting with my arms down and my elbows kept in, you see. I forgot to wear deodorant.

Fort Worth isn't really happening on a Tuesday evening, anyway.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Kevin - excellent results from the first (?) Texas meet. I really like the shot of both your reflexions - great stuff. I hope Juanito200 joins in with some of his shots as well. DK will need to have a new section in the forum and magazine for local meets :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

You guys had a good outing! :D

Yildiz
KevinBarrett

Thanks guys! When we wrapped it up (all too early), we talked about making it a monthly or bimonthly thing, possibly getting more members involved and working in some local dining as well. Ultimately I think it was our stomachs that became the limiting factor, both of us hungry and our wives calling us home to dinner. We split just when the light from the sunset was getting good, I'm afraid.

Are there any more Sony Alpha shooters in north Texas that would like to meet up with us next time?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

when I got the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 I post messages here, in DPR, Dyxum and the Minolta Yahoo group for a meet up in the NYC area in order to test this lens agains other similar (the Minolta/Sony 70-200, the Beercan and so) but nobody showed up. I didn't even got stood up because people didn't bother to answer.

I did my test anyway since Sony sent 2 kits (A900 + Grip + 70-200 + 24-70 + 85 + 58Flash) to the Adorama Rentals department, but at that time I didn't have the beercan anymore -tan pis!

I would love having a photoclub alpha meeting here in the NYC area. We can book one or both Sony kits from the rentals (100 US$ a day or weekend each kit) and have a blast shooting around -good oportunity for members for try FF cameras and nice lenses.

If somebody interested...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;