My impromptou studio...

Where you live and what you do there - your own space & time
Forum rules
Do not post personal information or images relating to your home, family, workplace or possessions as this is public forum. Feel free to post about your home town, countryside, hobbies, sports, subjects of special interest or study, culture, tourist attractions. No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

My impromptou studio...

Unread post by Dusty »

The company I work for is a small business to business marketing firm. Recently, we again won awards for marketing campaigns we created.

Since we had presented collages of the campaigns to the organization for judging, they wanted JPEGs of the same for projection at the ceremony. The task fell to me, (I have the good camera!).

I had to take the photos from straight above, as nothing was affixed to the board, and any angle gave the classic "V" shaped display. To do this I placed everything on the floor, got out the stepladder and - viola! - instant studio!
My Studio.jpg
(61.18 KiB) Downloaded 2731 times
I climbed up the back, (another worker also on the back to counter balance me), flipped the 350's screen out and leaned over.

Shooting from straight overhead, the cap's logo can't be seen. I solved that by using my Minolta 28-105 as a stand under the bill. The wadded up paper server to give the cap some form.
Lens as Stand.jpg
(145.33 KiB) Downloaded 2731 times
Here's the completed shot.
Liberty Award.jpg
(153.21 KiB) Downloaded 2731 times

Dusty
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: My impromptou studio...

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

It came out very neat. Good job Dusty!
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: My impromptou studio...

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

It's a good set up, with neat solutions.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --