Some from Essex

Where you live and what you do there - your own space & time
Forum rules
Do not post personal information or images relating to your home, family, workplace or possessions as this is public forum. Feel free to post about your home town, countryside, hobbies, sports, subjects of special interest or study, culture, tourist attractions. No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Ossie
Grand Caliph

Some from Essex

Unread post by Ossie »

Thought I'd give my new 70-300G a try out around the village and so here are a few images. Compared to the previous lenses I was using I am delighted with the results. Hardly any CA to be found.
Attachments
One of 5 Pubs/ Restaurants in the village
One of 5 Pubs/ Restaurants in the village
St Andrews, 15th Century
St Andrews, 15th Century
Although I focused on the flowers, in the original I can read every word of the plaque on the wall.
Although I focused on the flowers, in the original I can read every word of the plaque on the wall.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Some from Essex

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

This is a cute little sequence. The first image is a little less than sharp and has some inclination issues, but I like the composition. It would be better, I think, if the bottom of the lamp was included. In the second image I really like the handsome tower against the clouds. It might have been improved only by letting the traffic pass or getting a whole uncropped car in the corner. The third image is very cute. Its almost impossibly clean-looking, to the point of looking like a miniature!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Some from Essex

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I like that 3rd shot too. It's beautiful.
And congratulations with your new toy. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr