Which Alpha DSLR Are You Using?

Create polls and watch the responses
Forum rules
Think hard before creating a poll. Admin may delete frivolous or repetitive polls!

Which DSLR are you using for most of your shooting?

a100
7%
a200
7%
a230/a290
No votes
a300/a350
7%
a330/a380/a390
4%
a450
No votes
a500/a550
4%
a700
48%
a850
11%
a900
11%

Total votes: 27

KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Which Alpha DSLR Are You Using?

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

This is my last opportunity to make this poll with only ten selections before the SLTs and other new cameras start permeating through our user base. If you already have one, choose which camera you were using before you had it.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
KevinBarrett

Re: Which Alpha Are You Using?

Feel free to comment on this poll if you use another camera not listed here, or if you use two different cameras just as frequently.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Scooterman
Oligarch

Unread post by Scooterman »

I use my A-550, mainly because the A-700 is in sony service!
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Whersdanex?? It's also an alpha! :D
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

There are models missing (Maxxum 7D and 5D; and the NEXs) Actually, I mostly use the NEX5 for my everyday shooting, and the A850 for work -some weeks I do more work than everyday shooting, but now the "season' it's almost over...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Which Alpha DSLR Are You Using?

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

As worded, the survey asks which Sony camera is used for most of my shooting, so only one camera can be specified, and I checked the A700. If the question were which Sony cameras do you use, I could still only answer the A700, as my secondary DSLR is the KM 7D.

If my son-in-law (who does not post here) were to answer, he would reply that the A700 is his primary camera, and the A100 is his secondary camera.

I'm not sure if this info is what you were seeking, but I hope it is of some use to you.

With best wishes,
- T0m -
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

UrsaMajor wrote:As worded, the survey asks which Sony camera is used for most of my shooting, so only one camera can be specified, and I checked the A700.
Hi Tom,

Question is: Which Alpha DSRL are you using?
AFAIK, Alpha was the Japanese name for the Dyxum (Europe) or Maxxum (Americas) models...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KevinBarrett

I edited the original prompts and added "DSLR" to make it more focused. Basically, I wanted to get a rough picture of the distribution of Alphas within a photography forum. It's not a very good survey, and has virtually no external validity since we're already a very limited population, being (1.) Alpha shooters (2.) who go online (3.) to talk and share photos and (4.) respond voluntarily to surveys.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

KevinBarrett wrote:It's not a very good survey, and has virtually no external validity since we're already a very limited population, being (1.) Alpha shooters (2.) who go online (3.) to talk and share photos and (4.) respond voluntarily to surveys.
It may not have the numbers to be statistically significant, but it is interesting to see the large bias toward A700 shooters. I was expecting more 350 and 550 users, just on gut instinct. Just shows how wrong my gut is :D . I guess the Nex adds further complexities. Are we moving in to a period when we have mutiliple camera bodies as part of our system (and not just as a back-up), of perhaps it was ever thus? I can see a time when I have a OVF Alpha FF, an APS-C EVF/SLT type, and a Nex (as well as the compact p&s / phone). Trips out will become even more complicated; it is not just which lenses shall I take, but which body and adapters too :shock: . I suppose it is all part of the consumer world we live in - buy more stuff!
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
KevinBarrett

I also noticed absolutely no "+30" models.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --