Ipad being used?

Create polls and watch the responses
Forum rules
Think hard before creating a poll. Admin may delete frivolous or repetitive polls!
TimElliott61
Acolyte

Re: Ipad being used?

Unread post by TimElliott61 »

G'day fellow members, Re the use of tablets; is it possible to use them as a tethered viewfinder?, because that big 10" screen would be great when you need spectacles for close-up viewing like me. Cheers, Tim
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Not yet with Sony... tethered shooting, but not live viewfinder. If a tablet has HDMI input, you can. iPad does not have any HDMI input.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Not yet with Sony... tethered shooting, but not live viewfinder. If a tablet has HDMI input, you can. iPad does not have any HDMI input.

David
Tethered shooting? iPad or Android? witch app?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
motor
Heirophant

Unread post by motor »

This is not direct Tethering as in seeing "live view" but I have read in several places that if the iPad is jailbroken and the Mac camera kit which "has" a USB adapter outlet and is plugged into into the bow tie Plug on the camera that you can take a picture and it uploads immediately and can be viewed instantly but not on live view. I've read there are lots of other functions if jailbroken using The usb port adapter. Mine is not jailbroken but I can take 20 pictures and then upload them using the usb camera kit directly from the camera. I have never tried a video on the 580 and transferred it over to the iPad but I imagine it would have to MP4 and not HD. It would be nice if I used SD cards and could just use the SD slot adapter but the USB adapter works fine for me as in transferring pictures. The only problem is I can only do 20 at at time. My cousin shoots cannon and uses SD cards and he can pick and choose which ones he wants with no limits.

I don't see how even if jailbroken you could view live view without direct HD connections though. Would be cool though!

Motor