Photoshop Elephants - Deeply Awful?

Computer, TV, digital projector connectivity and associated slideshow, framing, AV/DVD creation software
Eric Webb
Acolyte

Photoshop Elephants - Deeply Awful?

Unread post by Eric Webb »

It is, isn't it? Half-decent editor but too advanced for the simple amateur and not enough for the pro. Organiser doesn't, and the add-ons like slide-show abysmal! Any suggestions as to an alternative? Editor I can live with - just - but I really badly need to make decent slideshows & PSE doesn't! The latest upgrade [like several before] seems a rip-off.

Help!

:?:
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Photoshop Elephants - Deeply Awful?

Unread post by bakubo »

I never found elephants to be awful, quite the contrary.

Here are Ghost Elephants in Botswana:

Big Tuskers along the shore of Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe near sunset (photographed from a canoe):

Both are scanned film. Not Photoshop Elephants, but all are African Elephants.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

ACDSee is now available for Mac and PC alike. Elements is not too bad really. On the Mac, iPhoto does a decent slide show. On Windows, Picasa should be able to do most thing you need.

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Ahh, Photoshop Elements. I recently started a thread with my experience with PSE 9 vs. PS CS2 (and PSE 6):

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=4763

I have been using PSE 6/9 for a few years. I also have PS CS2, PSP X (had 4, 5, and 7 before), and PWP 3.5. Each program has its advantages and disadvantages, but I find PSE 9 to be quite good and what I use most of the time. It has newby modes, but I don't use those. I use the full control mode. It depends on what you want to do and maybe the stuff you want to do is different than what I do. Most of the photos in galleries on my website were processed with PSE 6/9:

http://www.bakubo.com
Eric Webb
Acolyte

Unread post by Eric Webb »

Thanks folks! Being a wee bit provocative about dear old PSE of course! Henry, I love those elements of yours!

Eric
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

FastStone Image Viewer is great for slideshows. You can either pick images/folders and view them in a slideshow, of pick images and have it create a stand alone exe file for a slideshow. And best of all it's free! (PC only, i believe)

Dusty
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Dusty wrote:FastStone Image Viewer is great for slideshows. You can either pick images/folders and view them in a slideshow, of pick images and have it create a stand alone exe file for a slideshow. And best of all it's free! (PC only, i believe)

Dusty
Zoner photo studio too http://free.zoner.com/
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr