Challenge 6: “My Favourite Beverages and Flavours”-Concluded

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Challenge 6: “My Favourite Beverages and Flavours”

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

aster wrote:Thank you David, that mug is certainly very special. I never had or even seen a MINOLTA mug before. :D

Now, this photo is an authentic David Kilpatrick table top. Everything that David loves and lives to do. I’m very glad that you are rightfully and properly hydrated during your days as you listed David.

Now, let’s see how the others take care of themselves!! :D

The golden cup in the photo I submitted is special for me also. I have many different cups at home that I collected over the years which I use as the mood takes me but this one is part of a set that’s special. My mother and I selected this set when we were shopping in Kuwait city on a touristic trip, in a Japanese china shop which was enormous and full of intricate hand-made silk attires, china, tables, lamps and the like. I was 13 at the time and we had a small tradition of drinking Turkish coffee out of these cups together and small chat. But she’s gone forever now, and 1st April is my birthday so I wished to commemorate her and the memories as I always do on each birthday I had since she’s gone.

Now let’s see those photos!

Yildiz
So we have to congratulate you on your birthday. Hip hip huray. Best wishes Yildiz. A long wish list is ready but I see you opt out from having a PM box.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Peace on her soul.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you Dr.Harout! :D :D

You're very kind. The wish-list includes comprises some magical DSLRs from Sony too...some magically speedy and high-ISO-perfected ones that also show nice smooth blue skies.. :D

My mom probably is waving 'hi' back from somewhere around the eternal universe as she used to say she would before she departed, preferably while standing in the shade of a nice big tree. :) We love trees!

Thanks once again,
Yildiz
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Happy belated birthday, Yildiz. Is this 29 again? :mrgreen: I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Dusty
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

:D :D 19 if you please Dusty.

That should give me ample extra time to reconsider and replan many things over.... :)

Thank you very much for the wishes,

Yildiz
prjohn
Acolyte

Unread post by prjohn »

Keeping within the spirit of topic here my contribution.

I think I have capture the freshness and richness, what do you think?
A Coffee Moment:
The world is your playground, why don't you play?

Sony A500, Sony 16-105mm, Minolta 70-210mm f4, Tair 300mm f4.5, Pentacon 50mm f1.8. Carl Zeiss jena 135mm f3.5.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

A nice shot prjohn, it certainly says "Coffee!". I like the wide format. Are the leaves etc. coffee plants? They don't look how I expected. If I was being really picky I think it would be nice to have the top of the mug clear of the leaves and the mug to be a bit sharper? If nothing else this shot has made me want to go and grab another mug of it! :D
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
prjohn
Acolyte

Unread post by prjohn »

Birma wrote:A nice shot prjohn, it certainly says "Coffee!". I like the wide format. Are the leaves etc. coffee plants? They don't look how I expected. If I was being really picky I think it would be nice to have the top of the mug clear of the leaves and the mug to be a bit sharper? If nothing else this shot has made me want to go and grab another mug of it! :D
Thanks Birma. A bit of artistic liecence was used. Here in Scotland coffee plants are not easly found :P The plant I used seemed to have the same characteristics as a coffee plant in flower.

See here: http://www.erowid.org/plants/show_image ... awing1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The world is your playground, why don't you play?

Sony A500, Sony 16-105mm, Minolta 70-210mm f4, Tair 300mm f4.5, Pentacon 50mm f1.8. Carl Zeiss jena 135mm f3.5.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

The plant may not be of coffee prjohn, but it does sort of have the call of the wild. Like "grab your mug of coffee and spend a moment in your garden!" :D I would of done exactly that but it's raining outside and already dark too.(20:30 local time here)

Would of loved to see the closeup of the foamy top...

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Ah, it makes more sense now :) . I was wondering where you would get such tropical plants north of the Wall. I suppose a glass house or similar could have provided the greenery. But, as Yildiz says, it provides a great backdrop none the less. Now I have to know what the plant really is :wink: . Laurel?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Very beautiful shot, prjohn. I like it.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Well, this isn't my favorite flavor and it isn't even a good photo, but here are a few of the crawfish I ate for dinner recently in Louisiana. :)

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Henry, ever tried fried cockroach? The only difference is a bit of water versus a bit of air for living quarters...

David
Mike
Oligarch

Unread post by Mike »

I've been working hard on this challenge, but ... every time ... by the time the light is right for the shot, the beverage is empty. I'll have to keep working on it. Would a shot of all the empties in the recycle bin work?

Mike
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Mike wrote:I've been working hard on this challenge, but ... every time ... by the time the light is right for the shot, the beverage is empty. I'll have to keep working on it. Would a shot of all the empties in the recycle bin work?

Mike
Good thing they invented autofocus! Too many empties and the pictures all come out blurry. :wink:

Dusty
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Henry, ever tried fried cockroach? The only difference is a bit of water versus a bit of air for living quarters...
No, I haven't had a fried cockroach, but in Chiang-Mai, Thailand last year my wife and I were walking around in a market and I bought some grubs as a snack. Actually, not all that tasty. :) The woman had a bunch of various kinds of cooked/dried insects for sale. I think I have a photo somewhere.