Challenge 14: "So Green Is My Valley" - Winners chosen

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge 14: "So Green Is My Valley" - Winners chosen

Unread post by Birma »

Thank you for the round up Yildiz. This was a very nice thread of pictures and I enjoyed all of them - good job everyone, but especially Yildiz for the creative spark to get us all going. I hope I can head back up the Malvern Hills soon to try some more shots based on your comments - useful feedback.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you Birma. :)
Yildiz
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Unread post by Ewannawe »

I wonder if it would be appropriate to keep adding images to these competition threads, even though completed, when such images fit the category so aptly?
From a holiday in the first week of June last year I noticed these two images.

The second is reputedly where Queen Victoria encamped during an 1860 expedition from Balmoral and noted in her journal what a wonderful view there was stretching down the glen.
The previous days entry had described Tomintoul as a 'tumbledown, miserable, dirty-looking place'.
Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli