Challenge 20: "Fall Colors" - Submissions

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge 20: "Fall Colors" - Submissions

Unread post by aster »

Hi Pako,

These are lovely. The second with the soft focus is 'dreamy' and I like the softness and the patchy glow of the overall look.

Yildiz
Mike-Photos
Oligarch

Unread post by Mike-Photos »

Here's a few:

Had to get on the ground for this one, the sun was backlighting the leaf:

Mike
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

Fall losing it's grip to winter....

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Beautiful shots continue in this challenge. I thought I'd throw in one of my autumn shots.

Taken with the Tamron 17-50, ISO100, F2.8, 17mm, 1/160 sec. Desaturated the back ground to let the foreground stand out, while still in the overall context of a beech wood.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

Here are a couple of takes on Fall/Autumn Colour, sneaking in just before the challenge closes! Not sure that they can compete with some of the other great shots though.....

Philip
Attachments
West Looe River.jpg
West Looe River.jpg (180.36 KiB) Viewed 2379 times
Leaf skeleton.jpg
Leaf skeleton.jpg (257.08 KiB) Viewed 2379 times