Challenge Photo of the Year (question).

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Challenge Photo of the Year (question).

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

Hi Everyone. Yildiz (aster) and I have had a bit of a discussion via PM (I sent her a PM asking the question). There is one final challenge we would like to run. It is a "Best photo submitted for a PCA challenge". This one, however, is a little different. You cannot nominate yourself, you nominate another members work that was submitted to a challenge, that you thought was outstanding.

The catch here is that the photos submitted in a challenge were not originally submitted to this particular challenge. Yildiz and I came to the understand that we should put a disclaimer in this forum, that if anyone here objects to their work being used for the "Photo of the year" challenge, that they should simply state that up front.

What does everyone think? Is this reasonable? Should we proceed? If folks think it's a good idea look for a thread starting soon.

Thanks again,
L
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Challenge Photo of the Year (question).

Unread post by pakodominguez »

why not anybody submitting one of their own pics, posted during the year, and then we vote? up to 3 votes by member, hum?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

pakodominguez wrote:why not anybody submitting one of their own pics, posted during the year, and then we vote? up to 3 votes by member, hum?
That would be the other challenge. What you personally think your best work was. This one would be a "by your peers", and what they thought was your best shot.
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Hearing no real objections, shall we proceed?
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Definitely yes. But that means going through all the pages in this forum... :?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Dr. Harout wrote:Definitely yes. But that means going through all the pages in this forum... :?
Well, then you better get on it... ;)
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Unread post by Ewannawe »

Lonnie Utah wrote:
The catch here is that the photos submitted in a challenge were not originally submitted to this particular challenge.

L
I'm not sure I understand that, are you asking for pictures (taken by the respective photographer) that would have qualified for a certain challenge but were not entered in it?
What does the final statement - 'this particular challenge' - reference to? Sorry if I'm being spectacularly thick here but it's late Xmas day now and I have a warm fuzzy glow on.
Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli