Challenge#40:"So Green Is My Valley-2011"-Winner Chosen

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #40:"So Green Is My Valley-2011"-In Voting Pro

Unread post by aster »

alongusername4sure wrote:Thanks for the quick response, I tried 2 times I wonder if those are my votes and they did take? Although it usually tells you that you've already voted and won't let you vote twice.
Hi Nod, : )

I don't know if one or both of the votes are yours. There may have been a glitch in the system temporarily and the vote may have been processed belatedly. I can't say for sure. But you're right that the system tells you when a vote is cast and no, you should not be able to vote a second time or to change your vote; My settings will only allow for a single and unalterable vote.

You can try voting again and if the vote is unalterable, then it's probably because your vote has been processed for good. : ) I hope it's the latter...

Yildiz
-----Nod-----
Heirophant

Unread post by -----Nod----- »

aster wrote:
alongusername4sure wrote:Thanks for the quick response, I tried 2 times I wonder if those are my votes and they did take? Although it usually tells you that you've already voted and won't let you vote twice.

I don't know if one or both of the votes are yours. There may have been a glitch in the system temporarily and the vote may have been processed belatedly. I can't say for sure. But you're right that the system tells you when a vote is cast and no, you should not be able to vote a second time or to change your vote; My settings will only allow for a single and unalterable vote.

You can try voting again and if the vote is unalterable, then it's probably because your vote has been processed for good. : ) I hope it's the latter...

Yildiz
I tried voting again and it still says "invalid" maybe it's because I don't have enough posts ? (Only 19)
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

No, the number of posts should have no impact on your ability to vote; any member that has logged in properly should be able to vote at any poll as far as I know.

I hope, David Kilpatrick or Kevin Barret steps in to share their thoughts on this issue. Maybe there's something I'm not familiar with, like a certain rule or something.
I also hope that it is not something as weird as the new forum software update demanding a 'long user name' which actually is rather irrational to my way of seeing things. : ))

I'm sorry, I couldn't be of any help, Nod.

Yildiz

ps. Any forum member who knows anything on this issue is also welcome to enlighten us, please. Thanks! : )
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge#40:"So Green Is My Valley-2011"-Voting in Prog

Unread post by aster »

Nod, you have a new user name, which is also Nod! :D

Isn't that nice?

Things will be much easier on us, the rest of the members, now... : ))

Yildiz
-----Nod-----
Heirophant

Re: Challenge#40:"So Green Is My Valley-2011"-Voting in Prog

Unread post by -----Nod----- »

Yes , thanks to David ! :D
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge#40:"So Green Is My Valley-2011"-Winner chosen

Unread post by aster »

Congratulations to Paul! :D

According to the members' votes in the POLL for Challenge#40, our dear member Paul Murphy won the challenge by getting most of the votes.

Thank you all for your contributions everyone. All photos were winners if you asked me! :D But it always feels good to appreciate a good photo-artist who also excells in finding beautiful locations and photo-subjects.

Let's meet in the next challenge! Any ideas? :D

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Challenge#40:"So Green Is My Valley-2011"-Winner Chosen

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Congratulations Paul, you deserve it... at least if there were some prizes... like a brand new a77 + Sony 16-50/2.8
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Congratulations Paul. A super picture :D . I was looking at them on the 'big screen' tv last night and there really is a fantastic level of detail in that picture - so many greens!

Thanks as well to Yildiz for all of the work organising things. Perhaps something focused around people for the next challenge?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Congratulations Paul! Well done!
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Congratulations Paul, great photo.
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Thank you very much guys, I am sorry about the delayed thanks (I have lot going on at present personally and haven't been around the net very much). I really appreciate that you have taken the time to look and vote. It is always a good feeling when someone like one of your images.

I hope to post some more pics soon.

Best wishes

Paul