Feel Free to Start Your Own Challenges Everyone.... : )

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Feel Free to Start Your Own Challenges Everyone.... : )

Unread post by aster »

... in case you have forgotten that you can. :D

Winners of the last challenges or any other dear member;

Any subject you wish the others to work on and contribute, just name it and we'll be on your track... : )

I can help with the polls later on, if you ask for it or you can devise your own handling of your own challenge just the way you like it to run.

Any ideas from your parts of the World?

Yildiz
mvanrheenen

Re: Feel Free to Start Your Own Challenges Everyone.... : )

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

I maybe have a challenging one.

Every time I visit the flower or macro thread, or one of the excellent other topics with flowers as a main subject, I wonder what I can do to contribute something original. The problem for me being how to take an original photograph of a flower? Something not shown before on PCA, something I worked hard on that emphasizes the beauty, color or function of these wonderful subjects. That would be a real challenge for me: make an original photo of a flower.

Anyone see a challenge in that? It's the perfect season for it for all you around and above the equator! :)

Mark
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Mark, : )

There's a challenge even in the smallest or simplest looking things.

Your ideas sound promising...

Looking forward to the outcome! :D

Thanks for the exciting response that addresses the macro of flowers.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Sounds like a very interesting idea Mark :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

I'll start the challenge thread tonight. Thanks for the support!

Mark