Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This Summer "-Ended

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This Summer "-Ended

Unread post by aster »

Hello all, : )

Here's a new photo challenge! If you'd like to start an other one that runs simultaneously then please feel free. : )

I believe that almost everyone's been to some interesting location this summer, from where they came back with many memories and photos, be the place abroad or at home within your country's borders.

We'd like to see your photos from where you've been please.

Good luck all and let's have some wonderful time with those summer vacation places. :D

Yildiz

Specifications:

*.. Challenge #48 ends on October 6th, 2012.
*.. You may enter with as many photos as you like. We'd like to see your favourites.
*.. If you'll upload using the website's own upload feature, dimensions and the size should not exceed 1024*1024 and 250 KB respectively. If you link your photo from an external website/gallery the dimension and the size restrictions don't apply.
*.. Please title your submitted photos to make listing more sensible during the poll listing.
*.. Have fun!
-----Nod-----
Heirophant

Re: Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This Summer"

Unread post by -----Nod----- »

I visited my home town for the first time in 23 years and took this shot of an old fishing hole.

Juanito200
Viceroy

Re: Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This Summer"-ends O

Unread post by Juanito200 »

That really looks peaceful Don, I'd like to go there myself! Where is that?
Here is one from our trip to New Orleans.
"All That Jazz"
Attachments
0054.jpg
(205.69 KiB) Downloaded 8299 times
Last edited by Juanito200 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
-----Nod-----
Heirophant

Unread post by -----Nod----- »

That is the Nett river in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, My brother and I own 120 acres there and the river runs through part of it.

Nice relaxing shot of New Orleans, we were thinking of going there this Fall, we'll see what happens.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

John, if that is in the square in front of the Cathedral, I've sat on those benches and played along with musicians there - late at night not in the sun, ten years ago or so. Looks as if it's come back to life properly. The street musicians were/are a great lot. I often travel with a small guitar and NO is one place I'll always be glad I carried it.

David
Juanito200
Viceroy

David, that is indeed directly in front of the Cathedral. I would've loved to hear you play with the musicians there. I can't wait until I can take Ian, who plays the clarinet there. He would love to join in! The square was always busy while we were there. I was glad to see that it had come back after Katrina. John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Since I've been to multiple places and placed some of those shots, I'll link a shot from my latest trip to Tbilisi, capital of the Republic of Georgia.
Shot on tripod, with a 4s exposure at f/5.6, ISO 100
a77 + Zeiss 2/24
Metal Tree
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Juanito200
Viceroy

That is a beautiful shot Doc. Judging by the bit of Ferris Wheel I can see on the left, it looks like the fountain is in some type of fair or amusement park. I bet you had fun.
I went to Milwaukee, Wisconsin this past week for training on the computer system we use to perform ECG and hemodynamic monitoring of patients. I have been there before, for training, but I rented a car this time, so I wasn't stuck near the hotel. I drove into downtown Milwaukee to photograph the Santiago Calatrava designed Quadracci Pavilion of the Milwaukee Art Museum. I went there everyday after class, and was often frustrated by bad weather, or clouds. On my last day, I was able to get some shots with great skies, and my CPL.
John
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ken M »

I went to the swamp.

A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Tamron 72E 90mm 2.8 Macro
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony
Sony 55-300mm and 55-200mm

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Atop Mount Galena in Idaho's Sawtooth Mountains:

The Family Portrait by Kevin_Barrett, on Flickr
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This Su"-Voting Pro

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone, : )

Challenge #48 is over and it's time to select the winner. Please cast your vote in the link below.

Thanks to all those who contributed to the challenge. : ))

Good luck!

Yildiz

POLL FOR CHALLENGE #48
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This "-Voting Proce

Unread post by aster »

Congratulations, John! :D

By getting the votes of the majority with your photo "All That Jazz", we therefore announce you as the Winner of Challenge #48. : )

Thanks a lot for participating everyone!

Yildiz
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Re: Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This "-Ended

Unread post by Ken M »

Great photo John!
A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Tamron 72E 90mm 2.8 Macro
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony
Sony 55-300mm and 55-200mm

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This Summer "-Ended

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Congrats John. Your picture really deserves it.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Challenge #48: "Look Where I've Been This Summer "-Ended

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Grats, John! None of us had a chance, really, though I must complain that my own entry was much more expensive to obtain.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --