Challenge #55:"Autumn Colours"- Winner: Birma/Andy

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge #55:"Autumn Colours"- Winner: Birma/Andy

Unread post by aster »

Welcome to our new challenge! :D

Challenge #55 is a classic title that comprises the season that took over the Northern Hemisphere: "Autumn Colours"

Trees that change their colours, autumn gardens, parks, autumn sceneries, life pertaining to a typical autumn season are all welcome as concepts.

Enjoy!

Yildiz

Specifcations:
*1.. Challenge runs till November 15th, 2013.
*2.. You can enter with as many photos as you like.
*3.. If you'll upload using the website's own upload feature, dimensions and the size should not exceed 1024*1024 and 250 KB respectively. If you link your photo from an external website/gallery the dimension and the size restrictions don't apply.
*4.. Please title your submitted photos to make listing more sensible during the poll listing.
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Re: NEW-Challenge #55:"Autumn Colours"-Voting Starts Nov 15

Unread post by Cogito »

Yildiz, excellent choice, but nearly 250 people have viewed this thread with zero response... Perhaps 3 months is a tad too long for an entry period????
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: NEW-Challenge #55:"Autumn Colours"-Voting Starts Nov 15

Unread post by aster »

Cogito wrote:Yildiz, excellent choice, but nearly 250 people have viewed this thread with zero response... Perhaps 3 months is a tad too long for an entry period????
Hi Cogito,

How do you mean by 3 months? It's only till November 15th, 2013 meaning only for a month and a half.

Would you rather the challenge ran for a single month only? I extended the entry period to 50 days because Autumn runs a different life for different parts of the world with different endemic vegetation and life forms, not to mention imagination of our contributors which may extend to many levels of conception. We may see some of the oddest or unsual photos pertaining to Autumn / Fall, who knows? :) It's all about where their imagination and surroundings or the environment take them.

Let me know what you think ....

Thanks,
Yildiz
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Re: NEW-Challenge #55:"Autumn Colours"-Ends November 15

Unread post by Cogito »

My bad... I missed the #2 by a key - your original post was 9/25. And you explanation certainly has weight so no further suggestions from me!
Tony
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Cogito wrote:My bad... I missed the #2 by a key - your original post was 9/25. And you explanation certainly has weight so no further suggestions from me!
Hi Cogito, : )

Fine then but if you still think that the period of submissions is too long I can draw the date to the beginning of November... By the way, if you wish to submit ideas for challenges, please do so. : )

Yildiz
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Mark K »

sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

This one was taken with Pentax 300mm f4 on Sony A900. The San Francisco Bay Area is
not exactly known for Fall colors but one gets an occasional flash of colors when timing is right.

A view from the roadside:

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

A view of a vineyard and winery. Sonoma, California, which rivals with Napa
when it comes good California wines.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Mark K »

:mrgreen: but why the size of external links is also limited here?
aster wrote:Welcome to our new challenge! :D

Challenge #55 is a classic title that comprises the season that took over the Northern Hemisphere: "Autumn Colours"

Trees that change their colours, autumn gardens, parks, autumn sceneries, life pertaining to a typical autumn season are all welcome as concepts.

Enjoy!

Yildiz

Specifcations:
*1.. Challenge runs till November 15th, 2013.
*2.. You can enter with as many photos as you like.
*3.. If you'll upload using the website's own upload feature, dimensions and the size should not exceed 1024*1024 and 250 KB respectively. If you link your photo from an external website/gallery the dimension and the size restrictions don't apply.
*4.. Please title your submitted photos to make listing more sensible during the poll listing.
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

We're lucky to have some growth in our garden that reflects the seasons....
The rhus has changed from plain green

to

P.S. I'm not submitting the "before" image.....
Last edited by Cogito on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

sury wrote:The San Francisco Bay Area is not exactly known for Fall colors but one gets an occasional flash of colors when timing is right.
Suri, I'm in agreement with you here. We lived in San Rafael, a bit further north than you but still had to travel for any fall scenery... But you have captured the essence of the theme so well done - both pics.
Tony
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

Mark K wrote::mrgreen: but why the size of external links is also limited here?
Mark, it's not! if you check Suri's images they are > 250KB as is mine!
Tony
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Lovely entries. : )

Sury, I think those are neat photos and nicely composed too.

Mark, nice leaf with autumn's forces in act. As for the size limitations, I personally am not aware of any changes to the limitations of the forum upload feature's permissions. Could you possibly mean the dimensions perhaps? But I'm not aware of any limitations to them either, as far as externally linked photos.

Cogitoi lovely shades of fall on that leaf cluster. :)

Let us know if you ecounter any problems please. I'm sure that David Kilpatrick could help even if I can't if such problems persist.

Thanks for sharing the lovely colours of the season. : )

Yildiz
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

Still the green dominates here in Germany but the leaves started to change their colors. Today we went for mushrooming (mainly to take photos) with my daughter:

Cheers

Marcell
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

Marcell, lovely shot that evokes the autumnal feeling. Are those ones edible?
Tony