Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley"-Judged & Winner Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley"-submissions until July 5th

Unread post by aster »

A neat site of tea gardens, Sury. : )

Just thought I was looking at the wrong thread, since, I remember that you had two other entries a while ago. One of rice paddies, I believe. : )

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

You were right. I thought it was one entry per challenge and deleted them. Plan to add them and more tomorrow, now that I read rules for this challenge. :-).
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:You were right. I thought it was one entry per challenge and deleted them. Plan to add them and more tomorrow, now that I read rules for this challenge. :-).
Alright then, Sury. :) You are welcome to add more and looking forward to your entries.

Thanks,

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Here is one from atop Mt. Vesuvius looking at Napoli and Herculaneum.

From a different view point, same location. I choose this to showcase the contrast of "barren" land atop the dormant
volcano and the the green of the land beneath the mountain. Technically not a valley since other side is a body of water,
so I would not be offended if it is disqualified. :)

Now switching gears to Santa Cruz, California.
From the vista point on University of California, Santa Cruz Campus. Looking to your right and to middle, you have Monterey Bay,
and to the left are hills separating Santa Cruz from San Jose (aka Silicon Valley), California.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you for submitting your ever-interesting photos, Sury. :D
No disqualification necessary. : ) The abundance of adventurous green landscape in these are pretty promising.

I better roll up my sleeves and prepare for a hard task of decision-making... Strong entries already! :D

In the mean time, if anyone has any photos in store, feel free to submit please.

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Couldn't resist few more...And now I will shut up. :D
I liked this one for the details it captured of the building in the middle right. 70-400G rocks on A900.
At 400mm FL.

It all green....From the same spot as in the previous one but zoomed in at 105mm FL

A small village in the valley...

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:Couldn't resist few more...And now I will shut up. :D

We always enjoy your chatter and thoughts, Sury! :D

Don't let or make anything or anyone stop you. : )

Thanks for the neat contributions.

Yildiz
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

Really nice photos, Sury. The last one is my favorite.
Roger101
Acolyte

Unread post by Roger101 »

Havent posted here before but thought I would submit this picture taken last week on Dartmoor UK. Hope I have entered correctly!
Dartmoor.jpg
Dartmoor.jpg (185.49 KiB) Viewed 9607 times
A77ii, NEX6 Sony 18-250, Sigma 50-150 f2.8, Sigma 70m Macro, Sony A16-50 2.8, Minolta 50 mm 1.7. Sony E18-50, 55-110.
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

East Chilliwack April

sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Yildiz and Valery. Welcome, Roger. What a way to make an entrance. Look forward to more of your images.
Great contrast David. Amazing to see snow in the background (I presume) and the green grass in foreground. It's almost
like two images combined.

Sury
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley"-closed for submissions on July 5th

Unread post by aster »

Thank you all who contributed to Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley-2015" ! :D

We have some blissful entries and I thank every kind member for making this one of the hardest challenges to judge. :)

Welcome Roger! :) We're very happy that you joined our forum and thank you for your delightful entry.

And welcome our much-revered old friend, David Antony! :D So pleased you haven't forgotten us from the beautiful land of enchanting beauty. A neat entry as always.

As promised, I'll be working on the judging and will be with you to share the results.

Thanks,

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley"-Judging In Progress

Unread post by Birma »

You have a tough job there Yildiz as there are so many beautiful entries. Great to see so many submissions. (Welcome back DA!)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:You have a tough job there Yildiz as there are so many beautiful entries. .....

And, you tell me... :D :D

Working on it but will take my time without trying the patience of the contributors, hopefully. :)

Thank you for your patience! :D In the mean time, please enjoy submitting to the other forum threads.

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Update: Screen black-out

Dear participants;
I apologize for not having announced the winner yet. For some unexpected reason, my computer's screen kept going black for the past week and I wasn't able to finish something I meant to include in the announcements. The computer's screen seems better now and I'm on the way to typing my perceptions/reviews on the entries from my notes that I have compiled on a parchment of paper.

Computer screen willing, I'll be back with the results very soon.

Thank you for your patience,

Yildiz