Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley"-Judged & Winner Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley"-Judged & Winner Announced

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone, :)

Welcome to our new challenge!

Since the rains never ceased and helped the nature push new greens over in the Northern Hemisphere, well into June, as well as other regions on Earth, I thought I give an other try to an old but classic title: " So Green Is My Valley-2015 "

Almost every photographer in this forum loves taking landscape photos and we saw some very awe-inspiring frames in the previous years. So, I'm hoping that, over the years and recently, you found some 'valleys' that were abundant with lush greens and intriguing valley formations.

Looking forward to seeing your 'So Green Valleys'. :D

Good Luck!

Yildiz

Specifications:
1...Challenge #57 will run through 08 June - 05 July 2015
2...The photo size and dimensions must comply with forum rules when you attach using the forum attachment feature: size around 250 KB and dimensions around 1024*1024 pix.
*Photos linked from external galleries and personal websites are less subject to forum size & dimension restriction.
3...You can submit as many photos as you like.
4...Titling your photos would be a great plus, because titles help identify/address the image and its photographer better.
dewarp
Oligarch

Re: Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley-2015"-New-ends July 5 th

Unread post by dewarp »

Its a long time since I dropped an image on this forum - so here is my contribution: Caledon Country. A shot of farmlands near Caledon, Western Cape, South Africa.

regards - Peter
Caledon Country.jpg
(210.83 KiB) Downloaded 5028 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Dewarp, :)

Welcome back to the forum! :)

This is a gorgeous starter. Thank you for your contribution. Must say that it's a truly tranquil valley...

Thank you for sharing,

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi,

Just a little reminder that there are 20 days left for submissions. :)

Yildiz
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Re: Challenge #57:"So Green Is My Valley"-submissions until July 5th

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

This is an old photo from Hungary, close to my hometown (actually 20 minutes walk from my parents' house):
I'm trying to find some more recent one.

Cheers

Marcell
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Marcell; :)

Thank you for your enticing contribution. : ) We feel the mild breeze that moves the green and silver blades of this valley...

You and your parents live in a very nature-fortunate area.

Looking forward to your other contributions, if you wish to submit more. : )

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi, :)

Just a couple of days left for submissions' deadline ! And I'll move onto judging...

So, if you are hiding some photos that you could have shared, now is the time to get them out of those treasury chests. : )

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks for the reminder Yildiz :)

Here is my first submission. A picture from Sunday, a rainy summer morning, but it's the rain that keeps it green :)

Image2015 Joan's Hill Farm - Summer Showers by Birm, on Flickr

The picture is titled "Summer Showers".

A99 with SAL 28-75
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

A second submission. An early winter's morning looking east from the Malvern Hills across the Severn Valley. The sun was still below the horizon, with the early hint of a golden sunrise showing above the horizon. The lights from distant roads and houses still show up like in a night-time view, but the gloom is starting to lift from the countryside. This seemed like a thin curtain between night and day. Within a few minutes the sun will rise, the little electric lights will disappear and the morning will appear. But before that happens we have this short glimpse of the light between the two worlds of night and day. The picture is titled "Edge of Night".

Image2014 Malverns - Edge of Night by Birm, on Flickr

A99 with SAL 28-75
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you for these wonderful entries, Birma. :)

The descriptions that come with the photos are also very enlightening, and aptly observed. You add to the photographer's view with words. I believe both are essential for a photographer. :)

I'm happy that the entries are very fitting with the title's theme and I will have a very, very hard time during the judging! There'll be no easy way out for sure. :D

Thank you for sharing,
Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Yildiz :)

I hope here will be some further entires as well. I thin it it a theme for which most people will have pictures that fit.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:....

I hope here will be some further entires as well. I thin it it a theme for which most people will have pictures that fit.

I hope so too, Birma. :D Nothing like making choosing hard for me! The more the better.. : )

Thanks,

Yildiz
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

Two recent photos taken in Bohemian Switzerland. My two kids are playing in the background but I focused more to the foreground let them in the blured distance. It was a great few days there:

Cheers

Marcell
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Two bewitching entries, Marcell. :)

Who wouldn't want to take those walks that your subjects enjoyed? Lovely and fresh ...

Thank you for your contributions. :D

Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

This is from Munnar, Kerala. What you see are the tea estates (farms) originally owned by Finley's.
Bracketed shot tone mapped with Luminence HDR. View from the roadside as we were driving to
our hotel.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper