Challenge #57- Evaluations / Reviews Thread-Winner Chosen

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Re: Challenge #57- Evaluations / Reviews Thread-Winner Chosen

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

Yildiz,

Many thanks for the thorough analyses of the photos. I've read only few of them (including my ones) but I will read them all. I find them very useful. Thanks again for your efforts.

Marcell
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Marcell, you're too kind. Thank you.

If any of the observations even slightly help in future shoots, then that'll be my award. :D

Thank you for being courageous and kind for entering the challenge with your photos.

Yildiz

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Well done Peter - a very well deserved win :) The only thing I don't like about the winning picture, is that I didn't take it :D .

I think we had a lot of great entries here, so well done to Yildiz for thinking up a topic that got so many people posting.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:Well done Peter - a very well deserved win :) The only thing I don't like about the winning picture, is that I didn't take it :D .
:D I can't help but remember the eternal poppy fields in the valleys.

Birma wrote:I think we had a lot of great entries here, so well done to Yildiz for thinking up a topic that got so many people posting.
Birma, thank you for the kind acknowledgement but if it weren't for the little push you gave with your own two entries in the nick of time, I wonder if the same accelerated rate of flow of entries would have been achieved. :D Thanks.

By the way, by winning this challenge, Peter also earns the right to start a new challenge with his own ideas or subjects. So, please don't refrain from doing so, Peter. :) The challenge forum is open to starting challenges by anyone, guys. Just a tiny reminder. : )

Yildiz