Challenge #58:"Fairy Wings of Insects"-Evaluation Complete & Winner Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #58:"Fairy Wings of Insects"-Evaluation Complete & Winner Announced

Unread post by aster »

Marcell Nikolausz wrote:I feel really honoured to be the winner (among so many good photos). This subject is really my favourite and this year I planned to have a little project to take photos of damsel and dragonflies with various camera set-ups. Unfortunately I had only few days during this summer but taking photos of this Calopteryx virgo specimen was the highlight of it (next year I'm planning to take more photos on this subject). Thank you Yildiz for your efforts to organize this challenge and for your thorough evaluations.

Well deserved, Marcell. :D

It's a pleasure to study such beautiful and intriguing creatures. And you had some good samples indeed. When Andy said that your Damselfly looked as though it was carved out of a gemstone, he was not very far from the truth. : )
Good luck for next year when you go on a new photo spree for your next project. Hope you share the results with us as well. : )

Thanks,

Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Re: Challenge #58:"Fairy Wings of Insects"-Evaluation Complete & Winner Announced

Unread post by david antony »

Congratulations, so well deserved Marcell.
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

Thanks! I will share them here I promise. I have a picture in mind I want to take. A relatively big dragonfly covered by morning dew-drops. I woke up this year three times without luck. Maybe next year.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Marcell Nikolausz wrote:Thanks! I will share them here I promise. I have a picture in mind I want to take. A relatively big dragonfly covered by morning dew-drops. I woke up this year three times without luck. Maybe next year.
Good idea, Marcell; : )

Hope that photo gets realized as you picture it in your mind. Good luck!

Looking forward to what happens with regards to this quest.

Thanks,
Yildiz