Challenge #59: "Brotherhood / Sisterhood"- Winner Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge #59: "Brotherhood / Sisterhood"- Winner Announced

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone and welcome to our new challenge: "Brotherhood / Sisterhood". :D

The idea for this challenge was inspired by one source that got me thinking today: BBC Radio2.

Today's 11 November 2015, and it's 'Remembrance Day' that is observed to recall the end of the hostilities of World War I, in many countries including the UK. BBC Radio2 cut its programmes several times to pay their respects during the day's ceremonies.

---------------------------------

What the challenge requires:

For this challenge we're required to observe the good and the bad relationships of Brotherhood / Sisterhood in a visual aspect, as is displayed in our communities and society sometimes. You can submit any scene that you think that covers these relationships among human beings; love and solidarity between real brothers, sisters (like enjoying a special moment in their lives), sharing a special moment; if possible, signs of solidarity and fraternity/brotherhood among people serving in the military and other preferably sweet moments that you observe and are able to shoot. They are all welcome.

Note: I'd like to clear something though; the photos need not comprise both the bad and good but bad or good, just bad or just good fine too. It doesn't have to be between sisters and brothers either; between brothers or people close as brothers or sisters and those that are as close to each other as sisters can also be the contexts of your photos. For example: best friends having a special moment counts as well.

Good Luck to everyone that wish to participate, :)

Yildiz

Specifications:

1/.. The challenge runs through 11 November 2015-15 December 2015.
2/..The dimensions of the photos must be equal to or smaller than 1024*1024 and the size must be equal to or smaller than 250 KB. If larger the forum software will resize your photos and they will be shown as links on the thread page. For the purpose of the challenge and your advantage, it's better if you keep to the dimensions mentioned above. Thanks.
3/..You can submit as many photos as you like that you think comes under this particular title.
4/.. It would be very much appreciated if you entitled your photos to make recognition and addressing easier.

Thanks and good luck ! :)
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Challenge #59: "Brotherhood / Sisterhood"-submissions end 15 Dec 2015

Unread post by sury »

It is not very often that my kids interact and here is one of those rare moments where he is holding something my daughter wants and she thinks she can stare him down. By the way, she knows how to take care of him and he is often helpless without her. :D
I think this captures "good" and "bad" aspects of their relationship. Hope this meets the challenge description.

Sury

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Looking very fitting, Sury. :) Thank you for your contribution.

Love the look in her eyes; both endearing and so knowing... : )

I'd like to clear something though; the photos need not comprise both the bad and good but bad or good, just bad or just good. It doesn't have to be between sisters and brothers either; between brothers or people close as brothers or sisters and those that are as close to each other as sisters can also be the contexts of your photos. For example: best friends having a special moment counts as well.

I should add this note to the challenge brief too, I guess. :D

Thanks,
Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Nigerian brothers in the Sinai, Egypt, 2009 -- A700

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bakubo wrote:Nigerian brothers in the Sinai, Egypt, 2009 -- A700
Thank you for your contribution, Henry. :)

Do we see an emulation of Michael Jackson's dance moves/gestures in the smaller Nigerian brother there?....perhaps,..perhaps.. : )

Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Love the capture, Henry.
Yildiz, thanks for the additional information
and broader scope of the challenge.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

You're welcome, Sury. : )

Yildiz
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

"Holiday at the Plaza"

These two guys were documenting their time at the plaza during Peruvian Independence festivities.
Attachments
6373-Lightroom.jpg
Holiday at the Plaza
(450.81 KiB) Downloaded 4071 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you for your contribution, Jeff. :)

Peruvian people have very interesting authentic looks in general...but a little more modern outfits in this photo. I like the expressions on the two men's faces.

Thanks,

Yildiz