Challenge #61:"Summer Sun-I walk with Sun on my shoulders.."- (Submissions) Ended

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
dewarp
Oligarch

Re: Challenge #61:"Summer Sun-I walk with Sun on my shoulders.."-ends 02.08.2016-submissions

Unread post by dewarp »

aster wrote:
Thank you, Peter! :)

That sounds great. Whenever and wherever you are ready and willing would be fine with us. : )

Best,
Yildiz

Hi Yildiz

I started to work up a new image, but decided that a detailed description of all of my processes is just too difficult for me to document. I keep reversing what I've done and changing direction, etc., etc., - just too much to keep track of I'm afraid.

So I used a previously processed image and gave a brief overall description of what I did. This I posted under Effects and Art Techniques.

regards - Peter
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #61:"Summer Sun-I walk with Sun on my shoulders.."-ends 02.08.2016-submissions

Unread post by aster »

dewarp wrote:
aster wrote:.

Thank you, Peter! :)

That sounds great. Whenever and wherever you are ready and willing would be fine with us. : )

Best,
Yildiz

Hi Yildiz

I started to work up a new image, but decided that a detailed description of all of my processes is just too difficult for me to document. I keep reversing what I've done and changing direction, etc., etc., - just too much to keep track of I'm afraid.

So I used a previously processed image and gave a brief overall description of what I did. This I posted under Effects and Art Techniques.

regards - Peter

Thank you, Peter; : )

Much appreciated indeed. Reading your processing workflow in its own topic and thread right now. Brilliant!

Thanks,

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone; :D

I hope nobody's discouraged by the rather premature attention that Peter's photos received and know that your own take on photography is always what's most welcome. : ) Different is good in photography.... We only learn and move ahead from there and hopefully become more questioning about what we want in our photo frames.

Just wanted to remind you... :)

Looking forward to all incoming favourites you'll choose among many for the challenge.

Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

On a tropical location at early morning. We were getting ready for our breakfast and clouds converge for a brief
few minutes. Luckily I had my camera with me (instead of leaving it in the room). Serendipity.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Looks like a gateway opening to the Heavens, doesn't it, Sury? :)

Well done! We feel exactly as you did in that moment...Serendipity success.

Thank you for joining us with sheer light to engulf us, literally. :D

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Usually older women are working in the Bali rice fields, but occasionally there is a younger woman. Here we see that she walks with the confidence that comes from knowing she is Top Babe in that rice field. The sun was hot and beating down, but it never gets her down. She dresses for success and she maintains her jaunty walk knowing all eyes will turn her way. :lol:

sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Your narrative made the image that much more interesting, Henry.
I would not have gotten all that drama that went on in that shot,
otherwise.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bakubo wrote:Usually older women are working in the Bali rice fields, but occasionally there is a younger woman. Here we see that she walks with the confidence that comes from knowing she is Top Babe in that rice field. The sun was hot and beating down, but it never gets her down. She dresses for success and she maintains her jaunty walk knowing all eyes will turn her way. :lol:
:D Can relate to those observations, Henry. Nicely narrated women's social psychology.

Welcome on board the challenge with your life frames.... Love the back lit crop blades and how the plantations layer into the distance.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #61:"Summer Sun-I walk with Sun on my shoulders.."- Evaluations+Judging in Progress

Unread post by aster »

Thank you all who participated in the challenge !

Evaluations and judging are now underway. :D Difficult task but a true pleasure!

Announcements will follow in a couple of days. Thank you for your patience.

Yildiz