Challenge #62:"Patterns of: Frozen; Dead; Lifeless Forms"-Submissions until 01 November 2016

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
david antony
Viceroy

Graphic. Might be disturbing!

Unread post by david antony »

Not a challenge entry.

Came across this in our warehouse today. Not sure if it is completed, hot
stock or what?

I hope you don’t mind me posting this pattern Yildiz. Thought it might liven
things up a bit. 【ツ】

sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Challenge #62:"Patterns of: Frozen; Dead; Lifeless Forms"-Submissions until 01 November 2016

Unread post by sury »

Indeed. But in the spirit of the challenge, never the less.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Graphic. Might be disturbing!

Unread post by aster »

Hi David Antony, :)

Indeed ... indeed ! Look at that foot! You and Stephanie being part of movie industry helps doesn't it? :D Always something to find in the warehouses or storage for Halloween or for a bit of scare for any scene...

Incidentally, since 13th of October, I was suffering from a badly-sprained right ankle that pained quite terribly with all the swelling and discolorization to go with it too. Therefore, this left foot broken/cut from right above the ankle rings some bells on my side of things. :D The ankle feels and looks better now though.

Nice of you to bring some life to the thread. :D Thanks for sharing.

Yildiz
david antony wrote:Not a challenge entry.

Came across this in our warehouse today. Not sure if it is completed, hot
stock or what?

I hope you don’t mind me posting this pattern Yildiz. Thought it might liven
things up a bit. 【ツ】

sury

Re: Challenge #62:"Patterns of: Frozen; Dead; Lifeless Forms"-Submissions until 01 November 2016

Unread post by sury »

Yildiz,
Sorry to hear about your ankle injury. Hope it is completely mended and you are not feeling much/any pain.

With best regards,
Sury
david antony
Viceroy

Yildiz pleased to hear you recovered from the ankle sprain.
Had several and know what it is like.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:Yildiz,
Sorry to hear about your ankle injury. Hope it is completely mended and you are not feeling much/any pain.

With best regards,
Sury

Thank you, Sury. :) You're very kind.

I'm hoping all is mending as it should. Hopefully, there will be no lasting traces of the injury internally ... Only a little bit of pain left here and there. No fast / hasty moves or running for some time yet. :)

david antony wrote:Yildiz pleased to hear you recovered from the ankle sprain.
Had several and know what it is like.
Thank you, David Antony. :)

When I saw your photo I was thankful it was merely a sprain I was recovering from and not what the photo implicated ...

Thank you for the kind thoughts and you take good care of yourselves also.

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Here is my submission. A mummified victim of Vesuvius eruption in 79 AD. Force of Nature that
both destroyed the life and left intact the body. Though the challenge suggested an approach from
cold, this one is one of heat. A juxtaposition of destruction and preservation, the dichotomy very
ubiquitous in Nature. Not frozen but frozen in time.

With best regards,
Sury

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Sury;

Fascinating indeed.

What happened to the victims and the aftermath of those eruptions of Mount Vesuvius always fascinated me also since I was 7-8 years old. I was inrigued by archeology in those days and human history. The level of preservation is also fascinating, leaving real-life proof of what took place instant by instant, of the frozen bodies that were tormented because they no longer could breath because of the ash+moisture mixture they inhaled (it's said that it started raining right after the eruption) that turned to a type of cementation that blocked the bronchi in the lungs, hence the painful death.

Thanks for sharing, Sury.

Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Interesting shot sury. Flipped it 180º looks like a younger person,
teeth in very good condition.
sury

Unread post by sury »

True. I did not think of it. It almost look upright flipped 180o. Thanks for the suggestion on the perspective.

Sury