Sony Alpha on the TV

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
Birma
Tower of Babel

Sony Alpha on the TV

Unread post by Birma »

There is a Sunday evening TV program in the UK on BBC 1 called Countryfile. Last week they were in the Yorkshire Dales and they interviewed a photographer on who had a pictured picked in the program's annual photo competition last year. They were revisiting the spot where he took his winning photo, looking at a solitary tree across a geological feature known as a limestone pavement. He was using a Nikon D300. The exciting part was when the TV presenter then got out his own camera to a take a picture as well and it was a Sony A200 with the 18-70 kit lens.

For those (in the UK) who want to re-live the excitement :D on BBC iPlayer, it is 18 minutes in.

I suppose the downside is that the "serious photographer" who wins a competition has a Nikon, and the "snap shooter" has an A200, but it was nice to see a change from the endless Canikons you see in TV programmes.

The other downside is that I have become a complete camera "anorak" :lol: !
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Sony Alpha on the TV

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Birma wrote:...I have become a complete camera "anorak" :lol: !
And that, my friend, is just the beginning... :lol:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr