A350 spotted on a lady!

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
motor
Heirophant

A350 spotted on a lady!

Unread post by motor »

I was out for a walk in a close by state park when I came across this really rare site! Here in the states around my location Nikon is very popular. I never see a sony alpha about. Well It happened and when I saw it I instantly thought of this site and the opportunity had finally come :lol: I snapped this picture as she were walking towards me. I stopped her for a moment and explained why I was snapping pictures of her and her kids so I didn't have a ranger down my thought in 10 minutes. She was carrying an A350 with a 50 1.4. She looked at my camera a second and sort-of snickered :( I asked if she would like to take a shot with my A700. The reply was priceless!hiccup!!! Here is the discussion that sony might be getting to. I remember a month or so ago reading about entry level models made for ladies. Well...... first hand I experienced it! She not only snickered at the idea of holding the A700 with the grip and 28-75 she bruptly said NOOOOO! "That thing is way to heavy, big, and has to many buttons!" She said the grip on the 350 fit her hand perfectly and loved the light weight to just carry around whenever she wants. I wouldn't consider her a beginner because she had the 50 1.4 strapped on. That is not a entry level lens in my eyes. I have a A300 that I gave to my wife to shoot and actually she always says the same thing that the A700 is really big with the grip compared to the A300 she loves. Maybe sony does have something there! Just thought I share my "Sony spotting" experience :D

Motor
Attachments
sony walker.JPG
sony walker.JPG (262.91 KiB) Viewed 6688 times
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Re: A350 spotted on a lady!

Unread post by Arun Gaur »

I have also experienced that A350 is good for a lady's hands.
Arun Gaur
http://tripolia-indianlandscapeimages.com
WaltKnapp
Oligarch

Re: A350 spotted on a lady!

Unread post by WaltKnapp »

motor wrote: I have a A300 that I gave to my wife to shoot and actually she always says the same thing that the A700 is really big with the grip compared to the A300 she loves.

Motor
I've had ladies that did want to try my a700. Try it without the grip. Much less intimidating.

Walt