Dermatologist with an Alpha

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Dermatologist with an Alpha

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

This was a bit of a missed opportunity, but my mother just had a mole removed and told me that they took pictures all the way through the procedure. The camera? "It said 'Sony' on the strap, just like yous." my mom tells me.

"What kind of lens did it have, a macro?"

"It was about this long and that wide," my mom mimes out the dimensions of any lens in the world.

"Oh, okay." That's all I'm getting on that one.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Dermatologist with an Alpha

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

That wasn't me, cause she would've added the existence of a "huge thing with 2 flashes".
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

It would have been really great if KB's Mum had been to see the Doc for a mole removal - then we will truely live in the global village :D .

Hope she is fully recovered soon KB!
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Get an on-line consultation. Just photograph your skin condition and email to Doc.

Actually, this is not a bad concept. It is a seriously viable option. With a stethoscope mic, a temperature sensor, a digital camera and a Skype-like interface remote diagnosis could be fine for maybe X% of cases?

I nearly sent Doc a photo last month. Having never had anything like it in 58 years, I suddenly got acute urticaria and strongly dermographic skin. I just slapped on hydrocortisone which we'd bought for the cat (as recommended by the local doc) and took hayfever tabs. It went within a week but BOY was it unexpected!

David
Dr. Harout

BTW, I do that a lot (telemedicine). Patients who have to leave the country, still keep in touch through different ways.
I always recommend purchasing a nice camera to take pictures and send them. Lately I'm suggesting strongly the NEX 3 or 5.
Today, just a couple of hours ago I was on such a session with.... guess where... China, Beijing...
Bottom line... telemedicine severely damages some pockets.... :mrgreen:

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Sounds painful David :shock: . Glad you've recovered. Do you know what caused it?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I'm 75% sure the rash was due to an immune system reaction to bacteraemia and the bursts of high BP were connected with both, caused by over-violent dental hygienist session (symptoms appeared about six hours after it - a lot of scraping around and causing bleeding gums).

I am now brushing my teeth with more care and some very expensive little wire brush things to get between them, in the hope that next time the hygienist will not need to be so violent. This sort of blood infection can be caused by over-vigorous tooth brushing, it seems, and my dental session was like the worst tooth brushing possible.

But my doctor didn't even ask any questions about that sort of thing, I found out afterwards with the help of Boots and NHS internet diagnostic pages.

David
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Dr. Harout wrote:Bottom line... telemedicine severely damages some pockets.... :mrgreen:
Yours or theirs?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dr. Harout

KevinBarrett wrote:
Dr. Harout wrote:Bottom line... telemedicine severely damages some pockets.... :mrgreen:
Yours or theirs?
The other "theirs"... :wink: (those who do not want to practice it) (gotcha! :lol: )

Flickr