Where there's smoke.... There's Sony!!!

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
Juanito200
Viceroy

Where there's smoke.... There's Sony!!!

Unread post by Juanito200 »

I found myself chasing smoke again today, when I spotted this fellow with an a200 and 18-70 kit lens.
A small apartment complex was on fire, and McKinney Fire department was in full swing. (no injuries thank God) Unfortunately my dad's birthday party is tonight, so I couldn't stay for long, but I managed to get a few shots. John
Attachments
Where there's smoke...jpg
(205.1 KiB) Downloaded 4097 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Where there's smoke.... There's Sony!!!

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I saw an a380 sporting a 75-300 today at the air show today...getting to that particular image amid the others is not exactly a priority, however.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Juanito200
Viceroy

I'm jealous.. I really wanted to go, but the only person who could have taken my call was out of town... The kicker is, the pager was silent the entire weekend!
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Good spot John. Your local fire department certainly seem to be kept pretty busy :shock: .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Juanito200 wrote: A small apartment complex was on fire, and McKinney Fire department was in full swing.
The McKinney Fire Department appears to have contracted out with the Melissa Fire Department to get a photographer. :)
Juanito200
Viceroy

bakubo wrote:
Juanito200 wrote: A small apartment complex was on fire, and McKinney Fire department was in full swing.
The McKinney Fire Department appears to have contracted out with the Melissa Fire Department to get a photographer. :)
How dare they when I am available! :lol: :lol:
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I was too busy firing off rounds from the a700 to bother to look at what I was getting. I checked a few in the beginning to make sure my shutter speed was fast enough for the action, then my wife jabbed me in the ribs and said "You can chimp later!" After that I just lived in the moment. Today I got to look at what I caught and I am super excited to share. It would have been great if we'd met up for it, but I didn't know till that afternoon that I was going to get to go.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Juanito200
Viceroy

Can't wait!hiccup!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Go Kevin, go!
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr