4/3rd adapter

All the funky stuff which turns your 550 gramme DSLR into a 5 kilo bag...
mvanrheenen

4/3rd adapter

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Hi guys and gals,

Do any of you know if there are 4/3 or m4/3 to A-mount adapters out there?

Mark
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: 4/3rd adapter

Unread post by bakubo »

Your question is not clear. I assume you are asking if there is an adapter that would allow an A-mount lens to be used on an m4/3 camera and not the reverse. Is that correct? If so, then the answer is yes. I have one. Note, that A-mount lenses do not have an aperture ring, but they do have a mechanical aperture mechanism. The adapter I have has a ring on it that when turned engages the aperture lever in the lens and adjusts the aperture. You cannot set the aperture to a specific setting such as f5.6, but you can adjust it. If you use aperture priority mode then the camera will select the shutter speed. I got the adapter and I used it to mount an old A-mount macro lens to my Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic G3, but I have never used it. I just mounted everything to see that it worked when I first got the adapter. The only reason I got the adapter was to use the macro lens, but earlier this year I got a very nice manual focus macro lens and bought an adapter for it. It is much better and easier to use since it has an aperture ring and also because the lens is smaller and lighter than the A-mount macro lens.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Mark I found this one so far http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/1209660 ... 0966006157 which is in the obvious direction with an A-mount lens mounted on a M4/3rd camera, (which is what I assumed your intention was) I doubt there would be an adaptor going in the opposite direction, mounting a M4/3rd lens on an A-mount body in any case because of the large reverse register difference and frame coverage.
Greg
Ps I didn’t see one for A-mount lens to 4/3rd body although there might be one, there is room for one in the register difference.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I didn't notice you had posted Henry, what was the brand of the MF Macro you got?
Greg
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Hi guys,

My apologies I wasn't clear on what I wantes to know: if there is an adapter that will let you mount 4/3 lenses on an Alpha body. I guess Greg made clear you can't because of the register difference. I was affraid that would be the case.

I have a heavy case of sellers remorse in which I sold my a-mount macro earlier this year. Now the missus has the fabulous Olympus Zuiko 50 f/2 macro, but I don't have an Olympus or Panasonic body... hence my question.

Thank you both for the answer.

Mark