I tried a NEX and I liked it

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: I tried a NEX and I liked it

Unread post by bakubo »

Danjojo_Resurrected1 wrote:I never did this before with intentionally trying to put glare on the screen, but had to give it a try because I see many people saying they "need" an OVF/EVF with bright sun....just don't see it being a real issue unless they have completely filthy screens or some type of hyper-sensitivity to the glare.
That is cool that you had no problem seeing facial expressions change and were able to shoot other things that were changing and get the photo just at the right moment even in bright sun with the LCD.

You seem to have a whole lot of experience and also have been to many places. It would be really cool to see some of your photos. There are several photo threads going right now or you can just start one of your own. Or, just post your website. We enjoy looking at photos! Is there a particular type of photos you especially like to take?
Danjojo_Resurrected1
Initiate

Unread post by Danjojo_Resurrected1 »

soon friend...last couple years have been very different from the rest.

Have been doing almost 24 hour duty at home with the 4 young kids and not having many opportunities to get out and shoot. Looking forward to the twins being 6 months and older so my wife will not go crazy when I take off.

If the glare was bad enough to the point I had a hard time noticing fine details or facial expressions I would

1. tilt screen
2. slightly reposition head
3. keep camera steady where it is and just keep eyes on the person without using VF/LCD and shoot

Quite a few people here been into photography for around the same amount of time, or even longer, than I've been alive - so I wouldn't say my experience is that great. Hopefully considered a little unique and maybe in the future helps some people try new things. Nobody really cares about a young photographer who takes the same shots people have always taken...personally, I don't really like them either :D

First posted shots will be an escape from this house into the mountains up near Julian, CA with aNEX-5 and maybe a little of downtown San Diego a few weeks after that.

For a little while I would take some guys from S.D. State University up to the Ramona area and out to the desert to shoot and might take some of them with me this time and have some comparison photos with their different models of DSLRs.

Also hoping for some opportunities of shooting around the wife's house down in Mexico late in the year.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

I can assure you Danjojo_Resurrected1 that I am not paying for a NEX unless a good EVF is also available. Most of my photography is landscape and architecture - preferably in sunshine - and my experience with using P&S such as the LX2 and 3 (and even the A350 LV) has taught me that if it means spending real money such as nearly £600 for a NEX5 with 18-55 then an EVF needs to be available even at extra cost. That is just my experience but then the sun is often nearer the horizon here in Scotland compared with Mexico or thereabouts. Would also like to see more small Zooms such as say a 12-24 (18-36) WA to go with the 18-200 (27-300). In fact I would be happy with a 18-135 (27-200) compact zoom (smaller than 18-200 announced) to go with a 12-24 (18-36) compact on a NEX5 with optional EVF.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Danjojo_Resurrected1 wrote:Quite a few people here been into photography for around the same amount of time, or even longer, than I've been alive - so I wouldn't say my experience is that great. Hopefully considered a little unique and maybe in the future helps some people try new things. Nobody really cares about a young photographer who takes the same shots people have always taken...personally, I don't really like them either :D
It would be cool so see your photos from Iraq. Although Marines and soldiers have posted tons of photos and videos all over the internet from Iraq and Afghanistan no one on this forum has. There was even a funny Lady Gaga youtube video from Afghanistan that I saw on TV a week or two ago.
Danjojo_Resurrected1
Initiate

Unread post by Danjojo_Resurrected1 »

Trying to see if I can get sent some sent to me that family should still have, even had a nice 10 minute video with some photos and video clips mixed together. If they still have the video I can send it to you by e-mail since some of the content isn't politically correct or child friendly...same with a few of the other photos.

I should be able to post some pleasant stuff soon though.

I was very foolish to only keep them on a laptop and beat up desktop, but thankfully I would send memory sticks/cards, photos, postcards, and other items back to my family in Ohio.