Brochure denies AF possible with A-mount lenses

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: Brochure denies AF possible with A-mount lenses

Unread post by alphaomega »

redcim74 wrote
I would imagine it would be somewhat embarrassing if third party, stabilised a-mount lenses worked better on the NEX than Sony's own a-mount lenses
Yes, It would be embarssing but on the other hand, if the Dyxum individual is correct that third party stabilised lenses work on the NEX then it may actually increase NEX body sales. Just imagine the legions of Canon and Nikon DSLR owners with stabilised lenses but no decent CAN/NIK pocket camera. They might get tempted to purchase a NEX5 or later plus a suitable adapter. This could be an interesting development indeed. I look forward to reading DK's verdict in due course.
OneGuyKs

Unread post by OneGuyKs »

alphaomega wrote:redcim74 wrote
I would imagine it would be somewhat embarrassing if third party, stabilised a-mount lenses worked better on the NEX than Sony's own a-mount lenses
Yes, It would be embarssing but on the other hand, if the Dyxum individual is correct that third party stabilised lenses work on the NEX then it may actually increase NEX body sales. Just imagine the legions of Canon and Nikon DSLR owners with stabilised lenses but no decent CAN/NIK pocket camera. They might get tempted to purchase a NEX5 or later plus a suitable adapter. This could be an interesting development indeed. I look forward to reading DK's verdict in due course.
I doubt it will work with Canon and Nikon version. The dyxum user was using Alpha mount Sigma with Sony adapter.
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Mark K »

:mrgreen: That must be the biggest disappointment to me...as I have just placed an order for Nex5...and missed the 16Gb SD card promotion from local Sony Style
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Mark K wrote
I doubt it will work with Canon and Nikon version. The dyxum user was using Alpha mount Sigma with Sony adapter.
If Sigma stabilised lenses for A mount will work on the Sony adapter then I have great faith in one of the third party makers being able to produce an E to Canon and/or Nikon stabilised lenses adapter. Time will tell. Anything could happen with this little thing. Just passed Jessops in Glasgow and viewed again the NEX5 with 18-55. Small and neat and 14Mp. I am sure I shall have one when the lens and adapter choice has increased and either Sony have brought out a NEX7 with EVF or an add on EVIL has been launched for the NEX5. I just simply cannot believe that Sony will not one way or the other provide some form of EVF for a NEX at some stage in the development.