Danjojo_Resurrected1 was everywhere, but now gone?

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Danjojo_Resurrected1 was everywhere, but now gone?

Unread post by bakubo »

Danjojo_Resurrected1 was posting everywhere in any thread about NEX, but he seems to have disappeared. He had at least a couple of different ids on dpreview and also seems to have disappeared there too. I think in just a few short weeks he had posted hundreds of messages (many got deleted) and now nothing. What happened to him? I figured by now he would have a NEX and would be posting even more about it. Are you there? Now that you have one give us an update! Maybe just on vacation?
Danjojo_Resurrected1
Initiate

Re: Danjojo_Resurrected1 was everywhere, but now gone?

Unread post by Danjojo_Resurrected1 »

Still alive....3 of the 4 kids have been sick and the wife has a new 12 hour schedule...which has given me about a 22 hour schedule...

I'm always looking in on the forums even when I'm not posting. Many times I'm navigating through them while trying to hold one of the 3 month old twins and can't reply to a message even when I want to.

They do have the NEX-5 with 16mm in stock at the Fry's Electronics I posted a thread about a little over a week ago, now I just need to get a chance to go grab it up :) The Sony store down in San Ysidro is where I initially had hands on time with the camera and if I wait for them to get it here shortly I can get a small discount, that is a lot of patience though.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Danjojo_Resurrected1 wrote:Still alive....3 of the 4 kids have been sick and the wife has a new 12 hour schedule...which has given me about a 22 hour schedule...

I'm always looking in on the forums even when I'm not posting. Many times I'm navigating through them while trying to hold one of the 3 month old twins and can't reply to a message even when I want to.

They do have the NEX-5 with 16mm in stock at the Fry's Electronics I posted a thread about a little over a week ago, now I just need to get a chance to go grab it up :) The Sony store down in San Ysidro is where I initially had hands on time with the camera and if I wait for them to get it here shortly I can get a small discount, that is a lot of patience though.
That sounds tough to have 3 children all sick at the same time. Awhile back our friend Walt just disappeared for awhile and I was a bit worried (seriously) about him since he was always around and he had mentioned having some health problems in the past.

I saw a Japanese tourist with a NEX + 18-55mm hanging from a strap around his neck last week. I was a bit surprised because with all the talk of the small size I was expecting it to be smaller than it was in real life. The next time I am over at Best Buy I will check to see if they have any on display so I can take a look.
Danjojo_Resurrected1
Initiate

Unread post by Danjojo_Resurrected1 »

Yeah, it is a compact camera, but a big compact camera....for my hands it is about the perfect size and I wouldn't want smaller, for any type of pocket carry you definitely don't want any bigger....it's size is strange, but nice.

The size is most important for me when it comes to having all the kids, right now if we go out my wife pushes one double stroller with the twins and I push the bigger double stroller with the 2 and 3 year old kids. With a DSLR I don't like to have it hanging any place on my body unless I'm solo and keep a hand on it the whole time. Stroller walking means I keep it in a bag and stashed at the bottom of the stroller so it's more of a pain to get to. So NEX being half the weight and just enough dimensions to fit comfy in a cargo pocket with 16mm is perfect for that.

I'm not ditching the big cameras though, I want to start shooting weddings like everybody else is doing, and I don't think most people are ready to pay money and see the guy pull out a NEX yet :)

When I get a few days away from the awkward stay at home dad job I'm going to aggressively go after a lot of street shots in downtown San Diego and the local mountains. Hopefully I'll have a few good ones to post up, absolutely no snapshots :) I might put up a few fun ones with the kids also just to give some other parents some ideas.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I should use that quote in our professional magazine - 'to shoot weddings like everyone else is doing'. That's the big worry for the not-so-good wedding pros out there. The really good ones with superb shopfronts or galleries/studios and professional sales staff have few worries.

Yesterday I decided to try the NEX-3/16mm without a strap. It was possible to put it in the chest pocket of a standard Cotton Traders shortsleeve shirt, looked a bit odd but slim enough. Too bulky to put in jeans pockets. I tried all the small belt cases on sale in Tesco, none was large enough for it. Back home, I found a small Kipling belt pouch and that was a generous fit, making it easy to remove the camera. I kept it without the strap on, and found this to be a better way of using it than neckstrapped.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote: I kept it without the strap on, and found this to be a better way of using it than neckstrapped.
For the NEX, the strap is good for carry on the flash and that's it. I haven't see Sony offering a wrist strap for NEX yet :-(
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I thought about the flash. If I want to carry the flash, the camera body makes a neater place to stow it - and much faster when needed than retrieving it from a pod on the strap and screwing it into place!

David
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Vidgamer »

If it's a tight fit,though, the flash makes it just that much worse. Oh well.

I have been able to stuff the camera and 18-55 into my casual pants pockets just fine (with a bulge, of course). Most of the time, I used the neckstrap, until I wanted to get it out of the way.

I thought about getting a belt-case of some sort, but I'll probably just get a "small" case with a shoulder strap, kind of like a smaller version of what I have now.

Hey, I love how the threads here just deviate wildly....
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

In my recent Later NEX models I would like to see thread I suggested 2 additional NEX models:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =49&t=4222

The first one would be an all-in-one p&s digicam that would have a built-in flash, retractable zoom lens with ILIS (or IBIS), an OVF, and it would all fit in a pocket, maybe not a shirt pocket, but at least a camera small enough to fit in a jacket pocket or cargo pocket. Similar to many of the 35mm p&s cameras of just a few years ago. I would use this as my carry-everywhere camera and companion to a DSLR.

The other camera would be more similar to the NEX 5, but with an accessory EVF and IBIS. This is the camera that I might use and leave the DSLR at home sometimes.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Danjojo_Resurrected1 wrote:Still alive....3 of the 4 kids have been sick and the wife has a new 12 hour schedule...which has given me about a 22 hour schedule...
How are the children these days? Surely you have your NEX by now. What have you been shooting?
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Hope the kids are not still sick. How is your NEX 5? What do you think about the A55/A33?
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Hey, buddy, how are you doing? You must have a ton of great photos from your NEX 5 by now. Are you still here? Why the sudden disappearance? Are you just reading now or maybe posting under a new id? Are you going to update to the 5N or 7 now?
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Thinking of Danjojo_Resurrected1 sortof makes me think of the line in the Sci Fi movie Blade Runner where the Nexus 6 (Rutger Hauer) had demanded more life, and the inventer of the Nexus android line said to him, 'The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned very brightly Roy' ...... :idea:
Greg
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Yes, Danjojo_Resurrected1 appeared suddenly on multiple forums at the time of the NEX launch and posted a huge number of messages as a NEX cheerleader. He got banned a couple of times on dpreview (maybe they knew something about him that we didn't) and then came here too. I think it is pretty clear that Danjojo_Resurrected1 was primarily interested in the launch of the NEX products and not so much with the products themselves. Thus, as soon as they became available he suddenly disappeared from multiple forums.

By the way, yes I remember the movie. :D
OneGuyKs

Unread post by OneGuyKs »

bakubo wrote:Yes, Danjojo_Resurrected1 appeared suddenly on multiple forums at the time of the NEX launch and posted a huge number of messages as a NEX cheerleader. He got banned a couple of times on dpreview (maybe they knew something about him that we didn't) and then came here too. I think it is pretty clear that Danjojo_Resurrected1 was primarily interested in the launch of the NEX products and not so much with the products themselves. Thus, as soon as they became available he suddenly disappeared from multiple forums.

By the way, yes I remember the movie. :D
Another weird conspiracy theory. Gosh some people's brain works strangely... This isn't the first time this guy has posted a weird conspiracy (this actually seems to be his norm; that's apparently just how he thinks normally in life).

Yes, Danjojo_Resurrected1 was banned from DPR for criticizing DPR Nex review (no, DPR knew nothing else about him). He had been around a long time before Nex and usually posted to Fuji forum before he got banned from DPR.

I have to check my email to find his usual ID (so you can check he was usual Fuji forum poster for a long time). I know this because I was the one who showed him how to bypass DPR IP ban by using proxy servers.

And no, he wasn't working for Sony (conspiracy theories aside).

As to the question where is he now, probably back to his usual Fuji forums.