Using Olympus Pen F lenses

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
Kenneth Sky
Acolyte

Using Olympus Pen F lenses

Unread post by Kenneth Sky »

I started using my adapter with the adapter but actually found the focus control to cramped to keep the camera steady at the same time. It should be noted that the depth of adapter & pancake is the same as the 16mm. So now I'm experimenting with the Zuiko 40mm f/1.4. It's still very proportionate to the NEX 5 but the DOF is very narrow. It's much easier to focus and balances well. Here are 2 pictures of not aesthetic consequence to evaluate - they are JPEG but I do have RAW as well if you want me to upload but it's a large file.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Using Olympus Pen F lenses

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Obviously you forgot to attach/link the files.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Kenneth Sky
Acolyte

I don't seem to be able to attach the files. They keep uploading but not showing in the message
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Kenneth Sky wrote:I don't seem to be able to attach the files. They keep uploading but not showing in the message
How large are the files that you are attempting to upload?

Your images will be rejected if the width or height is more than 1000 pixels, or if the file size is more than 250 kb.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Kenneth Sky
Acolyte

Yup, they're large JPEGs. Not much use in reducing them to show their IQ. Suffice, they are very good quality. At the moment, the limiting factor of this camera is the Sony lenses. I can't wait till the Zeiss lens with E-mount is available to really test the sensor. Please Sony, give us a prime in the 30 -40 mm range.
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Vidgamer »

Kenneth Sky wrote:Yup, they're large JPEGs. Not much use in reducing them to show their IQ. Suffice, they are very good quality.
You could always post 100% crops of areas that illustrate the sharpness. An A/B comparison against the kit lens might be nice too, just as confirmation that it really is an improvement. :)
At the moment, the limiting factor of this camera is the Sony lenses. I can't wait till the Zeiss lens with E-mount is available to really test the sensor. Please Sony, give us a prime in the 30 -40 mm range.
Please, Sony, don't listen to Kenneth! Give us a prime in the 24-28mm range! :mrgreen:

Seriously, there will be no pleasing everyone for a while! Rumor has it that the "macro" lens is a 30mm.