Sony to hand over E-mount to Zeiss, Cosina, Tamron, Sigma

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Sony to hand over E-mount to Zeiss, Cosina, Tamron, Sigma

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

No reverse engineering needed!

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2011/02/0 ... nt-future/

On April Fools' Day 2011, Sony will open the floodgates for all those lovely Carl Zeiss, Cosina (Voigtlander), as yet unknown Sigma and Tamron lenses for the E-mount system.

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Sony to hand over E-mount to Zeiss, Cosina, Tamron, Sigm

Unread post by bakubo »

Cool! I hope there will be lots of 3rd party E-mount lenses and at least some of them with IS. I also hope that Sony makes a small, sleek external EVF or incorporates one into the body of some future model.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Well, Sony is supposedly introducing at least a wide angle (24mm?) SEM, Zeiss branded, this year. There will be a Macro and a "portrait" lens this year also, and a couple of zooms for next year.

I'm thinking about that 24mm, but I don't know yet if I'm willing to pay "Zeiss" prices (because of the compactness of the system, I guess it will be a f2.8 and not as pricey as the Zeiss 24mm f2.0) and I would love a 70 to 100mm Macro lens.

In any case, opening the mount to the other big lens-makers is a wonderful move, and users like us have all the chances of been happy, specially if we havee not only new lenses, but new and alternative bodies.

Rregards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Finally we can have the Bigma in E mount :mrgreen:
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Great news. Just confirm my decision to purchase the NEX-5 with 16 and 17-55 mm lenses. I have basically decided that my A580 is my last DSLR and all future investment will be in quality NEX E-mount stuff - mostly lenses and a second body (hopefully with EVF built in or clip on). Great so see particularly Sigma and Tamron joining in. I would love a Tamron E-mount version of their new 17-270mm with built in image stabilization and Sigma reducing the size of their 10-20 and 8-16mm lenses for E-mount. The possibilities are endless.
Dave Russell
Acolyte

Unread post by Dave Russell »

Great news. There are one or two people aboard who constantly tell us that Sony don't know what they are doing :lol: I suspect that they know (exactly) what they are doing and what we are seeing is only the beginning. Exciting times ahead.
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

Best news I've heard in a while. It shows me that Sony REALLY wants to get the e-mount established as THE format in this category before Nikon and cannon can get in the game. Methinks Sony MIGHT remember the betamax... :lol:
CharlieWebster
Oligarch

Unread post by CharlieWebster »

Let's hope we see some very compact primes and one fast zoom at least.