Amazon scammed - by buyer?

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Amazon scammed - by buyer?

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I ordered both the NEX converters after trying them at Focus on Imaging and finding they really don't affect the sharpness at all, except for the extreme corners which are often soft even with good prime lenses of this angle and aperture. Amazon delivered next working day, literally. But they delivered one very light package and one normal weight - the light one contained just an empty product box... returning for a refund right now, but I wonder if that's how they got the empty box to start with - someone returning products for a refund, and just keeping the product?
Attachments
emptyamazonbox.jpg
emptyamazonbox.jpg (338.91 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
InTheSky
Viceroy

Re: Amazon scammed - by buyer?

Unread post by InTheSky »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I ordered both the NEX converters after trying them at Focus on Imaging and finding they really don't affect the sharpness at all, except for the extreme corners which are often soft even with good prime lenses of this angle and aperture. Amazon delivered next working day, literally. But they delivered one very light package and one normal weight - the light one contained just an empty product box... returning for a refund right now, but I wonder if that's how they got the empty box to start with - someone returning products for a refund, and just keeping the product?

I admit ... this is very strange story ... and also disaster if the Amazon think this is you that want to still the lens ...

Let us know about your final testing report, I was interest in one of the two. Mostly I wanted to know which one give the best result (the fish eye with distortion control in Lightroom or the straight wide angle) and also how much light they are eating.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

One would think that if someone was going to return the box to Amazon for a refund while keeping the actual item they would at least put a rock inside so that the weight of the box wouldn't be suspiciously light. Takes balls to send back an empty box expecting that he wouldn't be caught. :D Although, if that is what happened then he was right. :)
tom power 53
Heirophant

Unread post by tom power 53 »

Could more easily even be someone at Amazon shipping/packing department who lifted it.

These cases are hard to figure out unless the culprit repeatedly does it and establishes a pattern or makes some other mistake. Such as selling a lot of the stuff he is stealing on Ebay under his name. :-)
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

tom power 53 wrote:Could more easily even be someone at Amazon shipping/packing department who lifted it.

These cases are hard to figure out unless the culprit repeatedly does it and establishes a pattern or makes some other mistake. Such as selling a lot of the stuff he is stealing on Ebay under his name. :-)
Yes, Dumb crooks are caught, smart crooks - they're eventually elected to public office! :cry:

Dusty
tom power 53
Heirophant

Unread post by tom power 53 »

Yep the smart crooks sometimes are never caught - at least not for a long while and then maybe for only something minor.